Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, & meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, & books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly & 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $68 billion in 2019 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, & distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, & NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBCs Disruptor 50, one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups, & the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the 5000.
Who were looking for:
An ambitious, smart, self-driving individual to provide personal assistant services, covering both the business & private activities of Skillz executives making a valuable contribution to a diverse & interesting portfolio of projects whilst delivering excellent support.
The personal assistant role is shared with an EA team. Tasks & responsibilities, as outlined below, will be divided up according to specific skills & preferences once the new assistant is in place, yet with a considerable overlap to ensure a smooth operation during times of annual leave, etc.
The ability to multitask is essential in this position, while also maintaining complex schedules & managing the household. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver, & organized. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position. If you enjoy a mission-driven, fast paced environment where the work you put in daily directly impacts the growth of an aggressively fast growing organization, then this role may be the perfect fit.
What you'll do:
- Manage complex household maintenance & staff;
- Meal planning & preparation;
- General household duties as assigned. Maintain stock level of household supplies; food, consumables etc..
- Overseeing the running of the home, including but not limited to, organizing external contractors & maintenance;
- Liaising with appropriate parties regarding personal finances, etc.;
- Coordinate with Executives EA team regularly;
- Address impromptu tasks as they arise, such as researching vendors to repair broken items, & occasionally running errands outside of the home;
- Regularly checking the home when the executive is away, making sure all is in place for his return (i.e.fridge is stocked, plants watered, house clean, etc.);
- Booking & arranging travel, transport & accommodation;
- Use good decision-making skills to determine the level of urgency of matters brought to your attention & work accordingly;
- Ability to synthesize multiple options & present recommendations & cost-benefit analyses;
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to think outside the box & independently figure out how things work;
- Anything else deemed appropriate to facilitate day-to-day responsibilities.
- 5+ years work experience in the capacity of a Personal, Administrative, Executive Assistant or similar;
- Excellent computer skills & fluency with PowerPoint, Excel, & Google Suite & Calendar
- Ability to prioritize tasks & stay organized while having high attention to detail;
- Ability to manage several projects at once & thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- High integrity & ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information;
- Holds oneself to a high standard & expects that of others;
- Excellent oral, written, & interpersonal skills;
- Self-directed & proactive, but has the ability to take direction;
- Share a passion for Skillz;
- Flexibility working independently or partnering with a variety of teams;
- Ability to adapt to quick changing scheduling & last minute requests;
- Fast learner & can convey correct information regarding operations, policies, practices etc., quickly & efficiently;
- Develop cross-functional relationships between departments;
- Experience with start-up environment, rapid growth, or tech is a plus;
- BA/BS preferred.
Skillz embraces diversity & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, & we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.