--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health & safety of our candidates & our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews & new hire on-boarding.
We will provide all the necessary support to work remotely until our offices reopen.
This role can be office-based in Dublin or fully remote in Ireland.
Type: Full time
Min. Experience: 5+ years
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI & public data to work for our clients, generating relevant & actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, & NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events & emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public & private sector organisations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, & respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth & innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 & Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for Most Innovative Use of AI from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team & help the world manage risk in real time. Youll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, & have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're a hands-on engineering leader with experience in microservice development. Understand the challenges of a high-growth technology company from a business, systems, & development standpoint & can effectively translate them into requirements & solutions. Are comfortable with a cross disciplined engineering team & work well with other technical leaders.
As an Engineering Manager at Dataminr, you'll work with product, design & engineering to deliver a world class product experience to our growing set of clients. As our company grows, you will also build, mentor & develop your development team.
Youre passionate about user experience for managing accounts at scale & you understand its complexities. You have a proven track record of improving application engagement & stability while maintaining new feature development that drives business results.
- Partner with other teams across engineering, data science, product, & design to plan, develop, & track features & issues
- Build a balanced technical roadmap for the team that ensures stable future platform growth
- Implement & improve existing development, testing, deployment & issue tracking practices
- Provide career growth plans & direction for team members
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, including ability to interface & partner with different levels of the organization
- Prior management & leadership experience growing, mentoring & developing a team effectively
- Demonstrated ability to manage & prioritize projects in a fast-paced, high-growth technology/SaaS/cloud-based environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or 5+ years of relevant experience
Why you should work here:
- We recognise & reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including equity
- company paid benefits for employees & their dependents such as Health & Dental insurance as well as Income Protection & Life Insurance
- personal retirement savings account with employer match
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning & development fund & professional training
- generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- Remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental & physical well-being, meditation & health & fitness app reimbursements
- Discounted Gym Membership
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect & process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminrs job candidate privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/irecandidatenotice.