At WeWork, data sits in the center of our business, providing insights into the effectiveness of our physical & digital product & features. We believe data brings everything together & it is the only way we make decisions.
WeWork Central Data & Analytics is a team constantly striving to create an amazing experience for our customers & internal teams. We regard culture & trust highly & believe you will have positive influence in your own way.
If you're passionate about building scalable data & analytics models & architecture, & you are motivated to make an impact in creating robust & scalable data models used by every team, come join us. You will help shape the vision & architecture of WeWork's next generation of central data models, making it easy for analytics, data scientist & other data consumer to build data-driven products, features & insights. Youll be responsible for developing a reliable data & analytics architecture that scales with the company's incredible growth. You will be a part of an experienced engineering team & work with passionate leaders on challenging data space.
- Lead team to deliver large-scale projects, set & drives roadmap execution through resource planning & allocation
- Architect & design large scale data analytics infrastructure in production (performance, reliability, monitoring, self-service)
- Serve data models as a product to entire organization, including design, implementation & debugging
- Thinking through long-term impacts of key design decisions & handling failure scenarios
- Building self-service platforms to power WeWork's cross functional teams & drive the whole organization to be data-driven
- 7+ years of experience in data engineering
- 3+ years hiring, managing & mentoring teams of data engineers
- Experience working closely with Analytics/Data Science teams
- Excellent communication skills, empathy, initiative & ownership
- Strong background in concept & design in data warehousing & software engineering
- Proficient in SQL
- Proficient in at least one of the programming languages (Python, bash, Java, etc)
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies:
- Database & Data Warehouse Solutions: Redshift, Snowflake, Postgres
- Workflow management: Airflow, Oozie, Azkaban
- Cloud storage: S3, GCS
- Reporting & Business Intelligence Solutions: Looker, Tableau, etc
- CRM Solutions: Salesforce
- Distributed logging systems Kafka, Pulsar, Kinesis, etc
- Batch processing: Spark, Hadoop, etc
- IDL: Avro, Protobuf or Thrift
- Eager to learn new things & passionate about technology
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.