In this role, you will:
Peloton Systems Engineering is hiring creative software engineers who have a passion for great products & technology, & want to use that passion to develop innovative, industry leading fitness products in an incredibly fun, fast-paced, & highly collaborative team environment. You will be an active part of a multidisciplinary team & will design & develop firmware for custom, leading-edge hardware products. Working with electrical & mechanical engineers, project managers, & client teams, you will have an identifiable impact on the success of projects & end products.
The ideal candidate will have:
A passion for quality code & experience with writing software from high-level embedded applications down to register-level device drivers are essential; good client interaction skills, leadership ability, & an egoless approach to teamwork are highly valued.
The successful candidate has a strong electronics design & development background who will provide technical leadership as well as individual technical contribution as part of a team that supports the design, development, test, & integration of complex, embedded
hardware/software systems. The candidate should be passionate about technology & always have the customers best interest in mind.
Necessary Skills / Experience / Attributes:
- Work with a small, multi-disciplinary development team to create & design software for execution on bare metal or embedded operating systems.
- Work independently on project tasks as well as work as a team member of a larger project team.
- Work with project managers in Agile/Scrum settings
- Be a creative element that delivers innovative solutions from concept to production.
- Conduct/participate in product design reviews to provide technical input on product designs & quality.
- Conduct software unit tests to exercise your implemented functionality.
- Document your software designs.
- Lead & participate in design reviews & code reviews
- Troubleshooting & fix production firmware.
- Strong experience Linux Kernel & Cortex - A series processors
- Comfortable using logic analyzers, JTAG, oscilloscopes
- Interact with team & clients to clearly communicate work progress & design details
- Work with clients to define requirements, develop software architecture, provide status updates, & plan sprints
- Work independently on small projects or in larger project teams
- Participate in brainstorms outside your area of expertise
- Contribute expertise to & learn from the larger software group
- 7+ years of software development
- Strong C programming skills
- Demonstrated curiosity in engineering & the ability to quickly learn new skills & adapt to project needs
- Strong interest in embedded systems & software with preference given to those with current experience
- 4 year degree in engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Creative, proactive, & detail-oriented individual with excellent written & spoken communication skills
- An understanding in software engineering best practices
Bonus points if you:
- Strong C++/Java/Bash/Python skills
- Experience with development on small, low-power embedded platforms (e.g. ARM Cortex-M)
- Familiarity with common communications protocols (UART, SPI, I2C, CAN, USB)
- Proficiency with common embedded toolchains & version control systems (e.g. git, gerrit, github)
- Experience with one or more RTOSs (e.g. FreeRTOS, uC/OS) & multithreaded programming
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own home via the Bike,Tread & iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology & design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. We put our users, members, & customers first & we obsess over every touch point of the member experience be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best & encourage all our associates to be Pelotons brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.