ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimms Sales team is a growing group of experienced, resourceful, & scrappy hustlers. We pull out all of the stops to get sh*t done, whether thats working with agencies & clients directly, seeking out partnerships to drive incremental revenue alongside top of the funnel growth, or contributing to the growth & efficiency of our pre & post-sales operations.
Were seeking an energetic Direct Response seller who is ready to jump in, think outside of the box, & get creative. theSkimm is for high performers who thrive off of seeing the direct impact of their work, whether thats through leveraging your own connections or pounding the pavement & introducing theSkimm to a wide suite of brands & advertisers. This is not a typical sales role. theSkimm works hard to understand the marketing needs of our advertisers who have lower funnel sales objectives. We develop creative & timely campaigns that add value to the lives of our audience without jeopardizing the integrity of our voice & brand. Reporting to the Vice President of National Sales in NYC, you'll be part of our growing sales team, responsible for helping us build upon & establish relationships with both direct response advertisers & agencies.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Prospect & sell fee-based brand partnerships & native ad campaigns into agencies & clients directly
- Manage your own RFP process & work with our teams to create marketing plans that include, but are not limited to: unbranded campaigns, social, commerce & more
- Forecast, track & report on sales performance, meeting quarterly targets set by management
- Work closely with Skimmrs across the company, including Client Services, Marketing, Analytics, Content & Editorial
- Be a part of growing & evolving our Direct Response offerings & sales strategy
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- Ideally 1-3 years of digital or integrated media sales experience OR 3-5 years in advertising sales (planning, account management etc.)
- Also ideal: experience meeting or exceeding quota as a result of the sale of complex deals
- Thorough understanding of the RFP process & digital media operations
- Excellent verbal, written & presentation skills. Creativity is also a must.
- Familiarity & enthusiasm for theSkimm, our products, & the utility we offer our audience
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- Understanding of Direct Response advertising
- Existing relationships & contacts with performance marketing agencies, in house brands, specifically DTC
- Willingness to thrive in a startup organization, highly motivated, entrepreneurial, & energetic
- Highly organized & motivated self-starter who is ready to hit the ground running
- Team player with a positive, problem solving attitude
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than 12 million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.