Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Were looking for a Podcast Manager to join our Brand Marketing team. We value creative, self-driven individuals who care about the work they produce & the people they work withand we love a good sense of humor, too. If you are an excellent communicator & collaborator who likes to work independently as well as in team settings, keep reading!
The Podcast Manager will work with external production partners & our Mailchimp Studios team to create & produce a wide range of podcasts. Our ideal candidate will have an extensive background in podcast production & the podcasting industry. Youre excited about producing content that enhances our customer experience & embodies our brand, & youre adept at working with a variety of production stakeholders. You have rigorous creative standards, are extremely well-organized, & are a great negotiator & relationship-builder.
- Develop a vision for original podcast production at Mailchimp & an innovative approach to sourcing & selecting podcast ideas & production partners.
- Establish & maintain relationships with key podcast community professionals, including studios, producers, agents & managers.
- Collaborate with creative partners to develop concepts for new podcasts, field pitches, & build a continual pipeline of content.
- Manage the production of a wide variety of podcasts podcasts from bidding through delivery.
- Work with internal marketing & content teams to guide the development of marketing materialsincluding trailers, synopses, & social assetsfor podcasts.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for content creators & their representatives, ensuring that we develop long-term & mutually beneficial relationships with them.
- Manage the podcast budget, request & review term sheets, generate partner payments, track all outstanding licenses, & work with our internal team to ensure that production-related processes run smoothly.
- Manage the bidding process. Analyze bids & work with our Legal team to develop & negotiate favorable contracts & budgets.
- Define project scope, develop work plans & timetables, draft technical & production specs, & develop scope of works.
- Evaluate & provide detailed notes on pitches, treatments, & in-progress audio projects.
- Work with internal stakeholders to collect & compile thorough & actionable project-related feedback.
- Help make sure that all production assets are well-executed & adhere to our strategy & vision for original content.
- Collaborate with marketers, researchers, & analysts to help establish our content mix, ensuring that projects are creative, high-quality, & align closely with our business goals.
- Determine project risks on an ongoing basis & escalate issues as needed.
- Monitor budget & production activity on projects & communicate project status.
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You have 5+ years experience in the podcasting industry
- You have extensive knowledge of the podcasting community & experience matching the right production partner to the right idea
- You've demonstrated an ability to work cross functionally
- You have excellent project & time management skills
- You are highly experienced using G Suite apps or Microsoft Office (Excel)
- You have exceptional written & verbal communication skills
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.
We love our hometown & support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.