BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
We currently have an opening for an Executive Assistant to support the leadership team within the Business/Revenue organization. The ideal candidate will be a service-oriented, self-starting, proactive, highly responsible & organized go-getter with an enthusiastic attitude.
The position is based in our LA office, & we offer competitive compensation, benefits & an employee stock option program. Not to mention a super collaborative work environment & the potential for career growth as BuzzFeeds is a strong supporter of internal mobility.
- Provide high-level administrative support to the Business organizations SVP leadership team
- Expenses -Prepare on behalf of SVPs & facilitate approvals for direct reports
- Invoices -Process invoices for various vendors & in accordance with contract terms
- Calendar coordination & meeting set up, including sharing relevant documents in advance of meetings
- Assist with following up on items post meetings - circling back with teams / individuals where a deliverable is required
- Help coordinate big deliverables & projects that are needed from the leads
- If & when travel is back also coordinate travel bookings & itineraries
- Manage event sponsorships on occasion
- Ordering banners and/or other materials needed for brand presence
- Work with vendors for BuzzFeeds station at future in person events
- Work w/ PR & Marketing on any sizzle reels or displays
- Keep track of industry events & clients attending events
- Ex) Cannes, CES, ANA, New Fronts, IAB, etc
- Coordinate Training Sessions as needed in conjunction with other stakeholders
- Occasionally attend client shoots if seller or AM cannot attend
- Significant career level experience (5 -7 years) as an Executive Assistant or personal assistant
- Strong interest in administrative duties
- Proficient in Google Apps & MS Office, including Word, Excel & PowerPoint; Apple products including Keynote
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask in an ever-changing, fast paced environment as well as work cross-functionally across teams
- Ability to treat highly confidential information with care & discretion
- Work with a high degree of accuracy, independence & thinking ahead to anticipate needs
- Occasional travel to other offices & offsites when traveling resumes
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.