Curious about what its like to work at the worlds number 1 discovery platform as a 3rd Level Technical Support Subject Matter Expert (SME)? Were glad you asked!
What is the key purpose of a 3rd Level Technical Support SME?
You will be an essential pivotal engineer within the advertiser professional services support group.
You will juggle between complex technical case investigations, bug reporting prioritizing & tracking, knowledge retention & training, & operational data analysis.
You will collaborate with multiple stakeholders within the professional services group as well the engineering group, & our customers & their account managers.
You will lead at least one area of expertise as the highest level of technical escalation & management, owning it end-to-end.
What do I need in order to succeed in this role?
For this role it is essential that you have:
- 3+ years of experience in 2nd level support / 1+ years of experience in 3rd level support
- Advanced technical orientation & understanding - familiarity with architectural design & flows, relations between frontend & backend services, reading code.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting methodologies - web, DB, analytics, APIs/SDKs, logs.
- Ability to analyze operational data & provide actionable insights.
- Excellent written & verbal skills in English - technical summaries, training material, emails, face-to-face meetings.
- Service quality awareness & empathy.
Nice to haves include:
- Experience with ad-tech (particularly advertiser side).
- Innovative thinking.
What will I be doing on a day-to-day basis?
- Perform in-depth troubleshooting of the most complex issues in the support group, requiring expert understanding of Taboola features & architecture.
- Be an escalation point for burning issues within & outside your primary SME area/s.
- Analyze operational aspects of your SME area/s & expose actionable insights.
- Mentor & provide consultations to lower level support engineers.
- Create & provide training & knowledge material - new feature introduction, troubleshooting methodologies & tools, technical summaries & more.
- Perform periodic meetings with Product & R&D regarding issue prioritization, new features & supportability requirements.
- Cooperate & coordinate with additional groups within professional services, support, sales, account management & more.
- Identify & work to close gaps of knowledge, work methodologies, supportability, processes & opportunities for automation
Why should I take on this role in Taboola?
This is a role that mixes advanced technical abilities with interpersonal relationships.
If youre looking to challenge yourself technically while leading multiple human interactions, then this is what youre looking for.
Taboola is an active company with a growing portfolio of features & collaborations, working with some of the biggest names in the business.
This keeps us constantly learning, especially with the upcoming integration with Yahoo.
If you ask our employees what they love about Taboola they will tell you that here, they are able to discover their best professional selves, explore where they can grow, & learn from & together with smart & talented people.
We work with some of the biggest names in the business. Our publisher partners include Yahoo, Conde Nast, BuzzFeed, Fox Sports, NBCU, ESPN, CBS, & E! Online. Our advertiser clients include Wells Fargo, Honda, Pinterest, Expedia & Honda.
Taboola ATL offers generous health, medical & dental coverage, 401k matching, a fully-stocked kitchen, building parking, & various gym partnerships.
Sounds good, how do I apply?
Its easy, submit your CV by clicking the Apply button below.
Taboola is an equal opportunity employer & we value diversity in all forms. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees & believe such an environment is critical for success. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need.