Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldnt have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling & vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge $1 trillion in the US alone but the process is inefficient & largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses & make a living doing what theyre great at.
These customers & pros come from all walks of life & every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers & pros.
About the Customer Support Team
The Customer Support Team helps our pros provide a great experience to their customers, build customer loyalty & grow their business. We are responsible for managing this customer journey by providing the best solution for each individual - both pro & customer. As the frontline advocates, our Customer Support Team creates customer experiences that are simple, valuable & inspired.
About the Role
As a Customer Support Representative, you bring our Thumbtack mission to life! Through handling inbound calls from our users, you navigate the challenges of account changes, profile updates, billing inquiries, website & app assistance & retention while ensuring a high quality, low effort experience for the caller. Our best customer support representatives are enthusiastic individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on balancing technology & human empathy to build customer trust & loyalty. Conflict resolution & negotiation skills are a must as you actively listen to our callers' concerns to offer a unique & innovative solution to each problem or complaint that comes your way. You are the voice of Thumbtack on the front lines!
- Partner with our pros & customers by listening to their needs & providing the best solutions - youre the expert!
- Maintain excellent knowledge of Thumbtacks products & services
- Participate in 30-40 phone consultations a day with our users to determine the best solution to get jobs done & grow small businesses
- Troubleshoot & resolve customer inquiries with effective problem solving skills while building a relationships with the caller
- Maintain high performance metrics including quality, adherence, efficiency & customer satisfaction
- Continuously look for areas of improvement & communicate trends to the appropriate parties
- Make independent & insightful decisions while keeping the customer & company needs in mind
- Engage with team members through weekly development sessions, training & support interactions that help build each other
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, & we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- A mature, self-motivated & detail oriented individual
- A stellar communicator with the ability to build relationships with customers from diverse backgrounds
- A successful track record working in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Customer-centric, allowing you to maintain a high level of customer focus in a variety of complicated situations while equally considering the customer & company needs
- Ability to multitask & adapt to change
- Reliable & dependable in consistently meeting attendance & performance expectations
- 2+ years experience in a customer service driven role
- 2+ years experience in a call center environment
- 1+ years additional education beyond high school
- Bilingual & professional Spanish proficiency
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace one of the largest in the U.S. that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers & make a living doing what theyre great at.
Founded in 2008 & headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners & Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live & work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto & Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.