Convene is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer & we believe that diverse teams are the best teams. We live our values of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity & Teamwork) & strive to create an inclusive & equitable workplace where everyone can be their true selves, where we all show up for each other. In line with our goal to be 1% better every day, we are committed to listening, learning, growing & improving. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives to join us on this journey.
What Youll Do:
We're seeking a General Manager to join our Operations team. The General Manager will report directly to the Area Director of Operations.
The General Manager oversees all aspects of the Location/Property Management at either single unit or multi-unit complexed locations in accordance with Convenes vision, mission & values including our core principles.
The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of the conference, workplace and/or amenity operations at the designated Convene location, in accordance with Convene standards. Directs, implements & maintains the service, technology, production, & culinary philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff to ensure 100% client satisfaction.
- Comply with Convene standards & protocols to deliver premium hospitality experience
- Effectively communicate via verbal & written correspondence with all level of employees & clients; exhibiting GRIT in all interactions
- Work dynamically & prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines
- Approach all encounters with guests & employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous & service-oriented manner
- Oversee & coordinate the setup & execution of all functions with the Service, Production, Technology, Workplace & Culinary departments at either single locations or multi-unit complexed locations
- Coach, mentor & develop all level of employees at your location(s)
- Maximize efforts towards productivity by identifying problem areas & implementing solutions
- Responsible for overseeing the Property teams including hiring, staffing, scheduling, training, payroll, & conducting performance reviews in accordance with Convene standards
- Ensure & maintain the cleanliness & physical state of all conference, workplace and/or amenity spaces
- Attend & run meetings in accordance to Convene meeting cadence, running efficient & productive agendas. Oversee daily & weekly PEO meetings as well as weekly staff meetings
- Responsible for controlling & maintaining all service equipment, communicating with facilities management & outside vendors to ensure all equipment remains in working order.
- Create & maintain positive relationships with building management
- Work with sales manager & other conference planning manager to ensure accuracy of Salesforce
- Develop client relationships to ensure a successful event
- Oversee Production, Technology, & Workplace team & ensure proper planning, upselling, detailing, proper room blocks, & professional communication to clients
- Build relationships with all local competitors & surrounding businesses
- Work closely with Sales, Revenue, Finance & Corp Ops on monthly P&L review, monthly forecasting & during annual budget process
- Responsible for driving impactful financial decisions that positively impact the monthly P&L results & present out through Monthly, Quarterly, & Year End Operational Reporting
- Working cross functionally throughout the organization to create & execute strategic planning for the betterment of the operation
- Confirms that all payroll reports are accurate prior to approval & that all employees are compensated properly for their time
What We Look For:
- Minimum 3 years experience in hospitality, including previous supervisory experience
- Ability to lead, develop other team members
- Ability to work effectively with clients
- Flexible & long hours sometimes required
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull & place objects up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Ability to reach overhead & below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, & stooping
- Ability to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time
Salary Min: $105,000 Salary Max: $112,000
This role is also eligible for Convene's annual incentive performance bonus plan.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums & maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience & other relevant factors.
Who We Are:
Convene is the leading provider of premium meeting & workday experiences with a global network of venues & flexible office locations. Combining design, technology, & hospitality to elevate todays modern work experience, Convene creates the spaces & experiences that help teams succeed. With Studio, an all-in-one solution for digitally-enabled events, & 23 locations across the U.S. & London including meeting spaces & flexible workplaces, Convene creates your best day at work, wherever it happens. The company has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
Were Here For You:
At Convene, youll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you & your family starting day one
- Medical & insurance navigation support through Eden Health
- Flexible vacation time plus time off for your birthday
- A Holiday closure each year to allow all employees to unplug & recharge
- 401K plan with company matching
- Professional development support
- Access to healthy meals & snacks at work (when in the office)
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team & the business in the work that you do
- A culture of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity & Teamwork)