Squarespace is looking for a System Administrator to maintain & optimize the tools, applications & processes used to empower our customers every day. You will implement sustainable, scalable solutions & maintain our support business systems for problems that impact our internal users, our customers, & the business. You will also help build upon & adapt the system to promote automation & efficiency within the team.
You will report to the Manager of Support Platform [within Customer Operations] & can be based in our New York, Portland, Dublin offices or remotely [in the US or Ireland].
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
Youll Get To
- Support Customer Operations tools & integrations (e.g. Zendesk & other our integrations) through:
- Evaluation & implementation of new tools, features, & apps
- Troubleshoot & resolve bugs that impact internal users & external customers
- Build automations or efficiencies in tooling processes
- Maintain the flow of essential data between platforms
- Maintain customer-facing & agent-facing support interfaces, such as the contact channels, & email/live chat/messaging systems
- Understand, document, & provide training on relevant systems for the department
- Take ownership of issues & requests that come in through the Service Desk by triaging & prioritizing tasks to ensure resolution
- Communicate status updates through Jira, ensuring all partners have the information they require
- Work with other departments to ensure functionality of cross dependent tools
- Partner & coordinate with Product, Engineering & vendors to resolve issues that cannot be resolved internally
Who Were Looking For
- Demonstrated system thinking skills, ability to understand & gauge impact for complex dependencies across multiple apps & workflows across an organization
- Strong ownership & a proven track record of owning a project's success, proactively escalating where needed & being solutions-focused
- Bonus Experience [preferred but not required]:
- Experience troubleshooting online software (SaaS)
- Experience in a technical field with sprint project & task management, methodologies & frameworks, & creating technical documentation
- Effective communication across a variety of channels in a fast growing environment
- Knowledge & experience with API, ETLs & SaaS integrations
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.