Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We're a data-first marketing platform startup, & we approach our work seriously; we tackle problems in a scrappy & disruptive fashion, yet we build for scale to support our clients at big data volume.
We are the first & only enterprise customer data platform with a fully-integrated marketing cloud. Moving beyond the limitations of both categories, Simons platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale big data & machine learning to power customer communications in any channel. Simons unique approach allows brands to develop incredible personalization capabilities without needing to build & maintain massive bespoke data infrastructure.
Our culture is rooted in organizational transparency, empowering individuals, & an attitude of getting things done. If you want to be a valuable contributor on a team that champions these core values we would love to hear from you.
The Customer Success Specialist ( CSS) is the foundation of Simon Datas Client Solutions Team, providing deep & responsive technical & client service to facilitate utilization of the Simon Data Platform. CSSs are responsible for a portfolio of accounts in partnership with dedicated Client Solutions Managers (CSM), providing the first line of responsive support that clients can rely on for their day-to-day needs. CSSs are encouraged to develop & maintain a deep understanding of their clients data & marketing workflows, enabling them to support clients in building useful audiences & datasets to power dynamic & targeted customer experiences.
The CSS role is also an apprenticeship-style gateway to more advanced roles across the broader Simon Data organization. By giving our CSSs deep exposure to client data models, technology architecture, marketing workflows, & platform use cases our CSSs are well-positioned to grow into more senior roles within the Client Solutions Team (e.g. Strategic Advisory, Commercial Management, Solutions Architecture, etc.), as well as laterally into other functions across Simon (e.g. Product, Sales, Business Operations, etc.) as their careers advance.
CSSs are responsible for driving account renewals & client satisfaction by facilitating the utilization of Simon Datas platform by client end-users. CSSs accomplish this by providing outstanding support to our customers, acting as the day-to-day point of contact for a fixed portfolio of accounts, responding to technical & strategic customer inquiries, troubleshooting issues clients may raise with our platform or processes, & acting as an advocate for client end-users. CSSs are encouraged to partner closely with their dedicated Client Solutions Managers to ensure that clients are consistently using the platform to achieve their strategic & marketing objectives.
This role is ideal for you if you are someone who is analytically-minded & interested in learning tech & digital marketing from the ground up, can communicate clearly, & are passionate about forming & growing relationships. You have a strong desire to learn what it takes to build an enterprise SaaS business.
What Youll Do
- Interface directly with clients in Slack, email, & other relevant communication channels as the day-to-day end-user point of contact
- Participate in bi-weekly client sprint meetings via videoconference
- Troubleshoot end-user technical issues
- Triage tactical client service requests & raise to CSMs or the Engineering Team where appropriate
- Write SQL queries to bring data sets into the platform & generate complex ad-hoc reports for clients
- Support clients in segment creation, including reasoning about segment logic vis-a-vis segment use cases
- Support clients in deploying rich personalizations via Simons native templating language
- Support clients in maintaining good platform hygiene (naming conventions, foldering, data set organization)
- Actively tackle problems by identifying bugs, user experience issues & missing or outdated documentation
- Train end-users in the features & functionality of the platform
- Develop platform utilization & return on investment analyses to support renewal conversations
- Support the creation of client-facing documentation & user guides
- Be a key player in coordinating efforts with client partners
- 0-2 years of professional experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Deep analytical skill set
- Experience Analyzing Data
- Experience with SQL, Excel, or Another Query Language Is a Plus
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- High emotional intelligence
- Strong business aptitude
- Interest in digital marketing & technology
- Desire to cultivate deep client relationships
- Strong individual organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured & fast-paced environment
- Programming language experience a plus
- Thoughtful, curious & a problem solver
- Personable, collaborative, & a sense of humor
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, & to receive other benefits & privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.