See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Regional Vice President, New Business - North America on Twilios Communications Platform team.
Who we are & why were hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications & data solutions that help companies & developers worldwide build better applications & customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia & Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a global company that actively opposes racism & all forms of oppression & bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business.
About the job
This position is needed to lead our New Business team in North America. As the Regional VP, you will be responsible for leading a team of front line managers, account executives, & sales development representatives responsible for the acquisition of new customers to Twilios market leading Communications Platform. Reporting to the VP of North America, you will play a key role in the growth & expansion of Twilios Communications Platform business.
In this role, you will be responsible for establishing a multi-year strategy for developing a world class acquisition function that expands Twilios footprint with leading Mid-Market & Enterprise companies across industry verticals, building sales process & structure, collaborating with product & marketing, & developing a world class team. Leveraging your deep market expertise in CPAAS & experience building & leading successful new business teams, you will make a lasting impact on the growth of Twilios largest products in our largest market.
If you are a leader who believes deeply in building inclusive & anti-racist environments, allowing employees from all backgrounds to contribute, grow & prosper, wed love to hear from you. As a senior leader, you must be a visible advocate & champion for our values, the Twilio Magic, helping build Twilios brand as an inclusive & diverse employer both internally & within the communities of our hubs. You must believe a diverse team, from the top down, allows all employees to achieve their full potential & as a result will allow Twilio to reach our goals, collectively.
In this role, youll:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Our prospective customers xare often application owners, software engineering leaders, product managers, entrepreneurs, & line of business owners. You must love talking to all types of customers about building their businesses & helping them drive innovation across many different types of use cases centered around how our customers communicate with their customers - albeit email, Messaging, & voice.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You will manage a team of 2 front line managers responsible for 18-20 account executives & SDRs. You will support your team by establishing a clear & thoughtful new business strategy, build & progress pipeline, work across functions to execute complex deals & lead strategic prospect & customer meetings. You will conduct weekly 1:1s with your team members, provide tactical & strategic deal guidance, motivation, & career development.
- BE AN OWNER: You are customer focused, metrics driven, embrace a consultative sales philosophy, & are passionate about helping your team succeed.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Run a disciplined forecast, consistently overachieve on goals, & present guidance to executive management
- DONT SETTLE: Hire & lead an A-team of managers, account executives, & SDRs to deliver on new business sales results every quarter.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, & we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 10+ years of solutions selling experience at a software company, 5+ years of experience in CPaaS, & 3+ years sales management experience running New Business teams.
- A firm understanding of the messaging, voice & email competitive landscape & a structured point of view as to how Twilio can win.
- Experience in defining goals & processes that drive net new business results in an efficient, repeatable manner.
- Ability to evaluate teams, develop & reshape them as necessary while mentoring & inspiring them to drive continually improving results through strong leadership
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong consultative relationships with external partners & internal cross-functional teams at all levels - specifically marketing, product, & operations.
- Bring data driven methodology & quantitative analytical skills, including pipeline management & forecasting
- Excellent time management/prioritization skills
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- A bachelors degree & prior work related experience or equivalent
This role will be remote but is not eligible to be hired in San Francisco, CA, Oakland, CA, San Jose, CA, or the surrounding areas.
Approximately 20% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental & wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, & much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, & are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering & donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, & be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado, California, New York, & Washington. The information below is provided for candidates hired in those locations only.
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows:
- Based in Colorado: $220,000- $275,000.
- Based in New York, Washington State, or the San Francisco Bay area, California: $220,000 - $275,000).
- This role may be eligible to participate in Twilios equity plan. All roles are eligible for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
- This role is eligible to earn commissions.
The successful candidates starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, & geographic location within the state.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.