DoorDash is looking for a Business Development Manager to support our expansion into new verticals.
The DoorDash Business Development team has formed agreements & manages relationships with the largest restaurant groups in North America - key partners who contribute significantly to DoorDashs growth.
As DoorDash expands beyond the restaurant industry to serve new types of merchants, replicating this playbook with national grocers & retailers will be critical to our success.
The Business Development Manager will be both an external champion, engaging directly with merchants to build the DoorDash platform in brand new industries, & an internal expert, communicating key learnings from merchants to our product & operations teams.
What youll do:
- Prospect - identify decision-makers at national merchants; form relationships & build awareness of the DoorDash product & brand
- Manage - track the pipeline of merchants in all phases of our relationship; from prospecting through closing
- Scale - experiment with different sales strategies; develop & implement best practices to increase sales productivity
- Collaborate - Work with our Product & Operations teams to assess new capabilities needed to effectively serve merchants
- Learn - Develop deep product knowledge of both DoorDashs white-label fulfillment product (DoorDash Drive) & the DoorDash Marketplace
- High-energy & fearless youll do whatever it takes to win
- Self-starter you have a bias towards action & are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Natural leader you pride yourself on your ability to lead & motivate a team
- Self-motivated you are able to work with minimal supervision while achieving daily, weekly, & monthly goals
- Problem solver you can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- Willing to travel; up to 20% of the time
- 7+ years of enterprise sales or business development experience preferred - track record selling into enterprise accounts at the C-suite level as a top performer
- Proven success working in cross-functional teams (e.g., with product, marketing, & operations) to build creative solutions
- Strong presentation & data analysis skills - self sufficient at Excel & PowerPoint
- Bachelors degree required
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses & dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, & living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local & national restaurants in more than 3,000 cities across the United States & Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about one dash at a time.