Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper (Casper.com) believes everyone should sleep better. The Sleep Company has a full portfolio of obsessively engineered sleep productsincluding mattresses, pillows, bedding, & furnituredesigned in-house by the Companys award-winning R&D team at Casper Labs. In addition to its e-commerce business, Casper owns & operates Sleep Shops across North America & its products are available at a growing list of retailers.
Caspers Retail story began in 2017 with The Casper Wake-Up. Alongside its success, Casper opened 15 pop-up shops across the U.S. After an exciting beginning with Retail, Casper opened its first permanent store in NYC in 2018, & announced the plan to open 200 stores across the country & in Canada. Join the Dream Team as the Casper family continues to grow!
Nuts & Bolts:
At Casper, we believe that better sleep makes for better living. We design products & experiences to help you dream your way to a better life!
We are looking for a naturally charismatic leader with exceptional service & sales acumen to be a Market Manager. You will drive the growth of Casper in your respective store as well as 1-2 additional locations. You will develop a customer-centric environment & a results-driven sales culture. You are passionate about people management & recognize that getting the best from your team requires leading by example, active coaching & investing in their development. You have a practical sensibility when it comes to customer journey & excel in data-driven decision making.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do...
- Set clear goals & expectations & hold people accountable to a high standard of excellence
- Achieve financial targets through monitoring & improvement of measurable statistics that drive results
- Ensure disciplined management of individual stores P/L
- Analyze, interpret & apply data to identify key trends to maximize results. This includes reporting out information to key business stakeholders
- Drive your areas business with agility, changing direction & continuously improving
- The Talent Manager is accountable for their markets leadership development, employee experience, & team engagement
- Model behavior that reflects the company mission, vision, & values
- Manage team performance & growth through recognition, monitoring team engagement & creating a culture of feedback in a calm objective fact-based manner
- Provide growth & development through ongoing training & development
- Develop a best in class talent pool, proactively recruit for the future, ensure your team is diverse & reflective of the customer.
- The Communicator is the voice of the market & is the connection point between the stores & Area Manager.
- Build engagement within your market & between stores resulting in a sense of community
- Effectively receives & delivers feedback from the stores on the customer journey, product wins & opportunities, operational challenges, & overall performance.
- Ensure that all training & development programs are implemented & monitored for success.
- Contribute to annual performance evaluations for direct reports while overseeing the process for the entire store.
- Maintain a performance culture of ownership, continuous improvement & goal achievement.
- Maintain safe working conditions & facilities maintenance.
- Build & promote strong collaborative relationships across the fleet & HQ.
Our dream candidate has
- 5+ years minimum experience as a General Manager or multi-unit people leader in retail, sales, customer service, or hospitality industry.
- Exceptional leadership capabilities with a track record of attracting, developing, & motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change, & leading others through the fast-paced environments
- Financial management experience with success in driving top-line sales, interpreting reporting data, managing payroll budgets & controlling expenses.
- Deep & demonstrated understanding of service excellence in a consumer environment.
- Excellent communication skills with a knack for building consensus via influence.
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment understands the importance of experimentation & iteration.
- Fluency in Salesforce preferred
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs
- Willing to relocate for growth opportunities