Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
The Director of Global Portfolio & Product Marketing is an exciting new role with the opportunity to influence the strategic vision of Caspers expanding product portfolio & execute product marketing plans for our entire sleep ecosystem across North America & Internationally.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, & is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, & its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, & a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do
- Work closely with Insights, Product R&D, merchandising, retail/wholesale & operations teams to drive success of the 2020 portfolio strategy from ignition through implementation to optimization
- Leverage understanding of competitive environment, consumer insights, brand positioning & commercial operations to influence global product growth strategy to develop the most loved products that transform sleep for millions
- In collaboration with the Consumer Insights Director, conduct research on the market, the competition & customers to identify trends & opportunities for future growth
- Identify product opportunities that can drive business performance & reinforce brand equity
- Develop & monitor a product performance dashboard, cross channel & cross border, for weekly, monthly & quarterly share-outs on performance of product mix
- Leverage customer insights to identify priority buyers by category, develop value propositions & differentiated product positionings
- Develop the go to market plan for new product launches for external audiences working with the Integrated Marketing team on campaigns to generate demand
- Ensure sales readiness of new product launches, including educating internal audiences in the company on product & market intelligence, creating fun materials to train internal teams (CX, Retail, Sales) to ensure successful adoption & implementation
- Collaborate with commercial on product toolkits to help our own sales channels & our third party wholesalers to effectively differentiate the product instore & online
- Be the guardian of how we communicate product messaging across the ecosystem demonstrating how we solve customers problems & deliver unrivaled solutions, ensuring consistency at every stage of their journey
- Supervise claims testing & correlation to purchase intent to attract new customers
Our dream candidate is...
- BA/BS degree required, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in product strategy & marketing, including portfolios with multiple products/offerings
- Experience in product management, marketing and/or merchandising in a relevant, related industry
- Proven track record of an ability to drive growth through portfolio management & marketing
- Proven ability of developing go to market strategies; ensure product adoption internally & externally
- Experience managing a team of product marketing managers, & driving results through your team
- Commercial mindset: deep understanding of business drivers of product/category across distribution channels
- Analytical skills, strategic thinker, project manager & organisational influence
- Has a strong understanding of why we win & lose customers by product category
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy & fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks & coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if youre feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!