We are looking for a smart, driven, & detail-oriented Merchandising Assistant who wants to join our team in New Yorkand dive in & learn the nuts & bolts of merchandising. This is an entry level position. This person is responsible for implementing & executing product set up information for Zola vendors. He or she will manage set-up, purchase orders, images, & pricing in a timely & accurate fashion to maximize sales & help achieve financial objectives. The ideal candidate will have at least one year of experience in e-commerce as well as a strong desire to gain the technical & practical knowledge required to launch a career in buying. This person will work closely with all members of the Merchandising Team, & have exposure to all facets of the company including cross-functional partners in Operations, Marketing, Tech, & Design.
- Manage online product content for Zola.com, including product descriptions, copy, & pricing. Build & maintain databases of product attribute data & pricing.
- Support tracking & coordination for product develop projects & other organizational tasks to support all categories of business.
- Manage Excel assortment plan & pull together all product set up information.
- Manage the product upload process for new vendors & for re-assortments, making sure product set up information as well as images are available in a timely manner so that products are ready to go live in a timely manner.
- Manage the purchase order process from end-to-end, including but not limited to entry, maintenance, & resolving issues.
- Respond, research inquires/issues from external customers relating to customer service questions.
- Pull reporting for sales, order tracking & other analyses.
- Support the merchandising team, performing administrative tasks as necessary.
- Support the department's visual merchandising on the site.
- Bachelors degree in Economics, Business, Merchandising or quantitative/analytical major
- Entry level; 1-2 years of relevant experience preferred
- Proven analytical & project management skills
- Ability to adjust priorities & manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
- Results-oriented, with a strong sense of follow through
- Ability to handle multiple demands while maintaining a high level of organization & attention to detail
- Ability to be proactive in nature; resolves or appropriately escalates issues
- Ability to develop & maintain collaborative working relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally & in writing
- MUST be systems-oriented & proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excel proficiency; advanced pivot table & vlookup experience a plus
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Interest in startups & new businesses (experience in an early stage company a plus)
REQUIREMENT: Please address your cover letter to Connie Kim. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology all in the service of love. Based in NYC & launched in October 2013, we have quickly become the fastest-growing wedding company in the United States. In 2017 we launched Zola Weddings, a free suite of wedding planning tools including wedding websites, checklist, guest list, & registry, all in one place.
We've raised over $140 million in financing, & we're proud to call Thrive Capital, Canvas Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Comcast Ventures, & Goldman Sachs, among others, our investors & partners.Our team brings deep experience from working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites & mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Amazon, Bloomingdales, Gap, J.Crew, Toys R Us, Chloe + Isabel, Yahoo, & Host Committee, among many others.