WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, & web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, & Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands & consumers in a more authentic & human way. And we do it at scale each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100 Magazines 2019 Best Places to Work, & Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Our products rely on sophisticated real time & batch processing of massive amounts of data, & instrumenting that data to provide analytics, automated decision making, & an industry leading customer engagement tool. Were looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help us tackle significant engineering challenges, such as: architecting new iterations of critical components on backend systems, building & optimizing for massive scale, & driving new AI/ML powered features.
Youll take on a variety of challenges around building & optimizing an ultrafast application for massive scale, which sends billions of messages based on billions of data points.
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of server-side development experience
- Experience building real-time (or at least very fast), large-scale data pipelines & related applications
- Experienced technical leader
- Strong understanding of design, data structures & algorithms
- Ability to research & implement appropriate Machine Learning algorithms & tools
- A self starter with great communication & organizational skills & will have worked in a team environment before
- Professional experience with one of: Ruby, Java, Go, MongoDB, Ruby on Rails, email infrastructure, columnar data stores, microservice architecture, distributed systems
- Experience with agile processes
- Basic knowledge of statistical & machine-learning concepts
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch in the office, including snacks & beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision coverage for you & your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, & fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information & how you can exercise your rights.