DoubleVerify is the recognized market innovator with the technology & tools that accurately authenticate the quality of digital media & drive ad performance for the world's largest brands. DV provides media transparency & accountability to deliver the highest level of impression quality for maximum advertising performance. Since 2008, DV has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most from their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem that help build a better industry. Learn more at doubleverify.com.
Doubleverify is seeking a Product Policy Intern to contribute to the companys approach to content classification. The Product Policy Intern will work across content verticals ranging from misinformation & hate speech to crime, violence & disasters. Candidates should have knowledge of or interest in internet policy issues & media regulatory issues and/or law. They should also have excellent writing & analytical skills.
- Research policy positions & support policy writing to inform classification across content verticals.
- Support resource creation for training labeling teams on product policy.
- Articulate policy positions for internal teams in order to support client queries & requests.
- Understand & research public opinions & advertiser perspectives in order to inform policy creation & policy adjustments.
- Collaborate with linguists & data scientists when creating classification models.
- 2-3 years of experience in media regulatory issues, online content policy, or regulation of user generated content.
- Excellent writing & analytical skills.
- Familiarity with web & social media content trends.
- Interest in & passion for policy & content classification/moderation.
- Currently in the final or penultimate year of a relevant graduate school program including but not limited to Journalism, International Relations or Law.
- Familiarity with national or international policy proposals or frameworks for addressing harmful content online.
- Familiarity with internet policy issues.
- Familiarity with content moderation or classification.
The successful candidates starting salary will be determined based on a number of non-discriminating factors, including qualifications for the role, level, skills, experience, location, & balancing internal equity relative to peers at DV.
The estimated salary range for this role based on the qualifications set forth in the job description is between [$20.00/hour]. This role will also be eligible for bonus/commission (as applicable), equity, & benefits.
The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description; however, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, & recognize that the person we hire may be more or less experienced than this job description as posted.