Build the team to help Flexport grow
Our Finance Team supports & collaborates as a strategic partner to clients, vendors & all internal departments. The company transacts around the world with an on-the-ground operations teams in San Francisco, Chicago, Atlanta, China, Hong Kong, & Amsterdam.
This role is primarily responsible for timely & accurate processing of Flexport's International Payroll through a 3rd party vendor.The Global Payroll Analyst will be responsible for supporting the administration of the day to day payroll operations & will also be the primary contact for all International employees payroll related inquiries & perform other related duties as required. This position requires exceptional attention to detail, problem solving, & excellent customer service support skills. The candidate will respond to frequent & urgent requests for information relating to payroll, tax processing & payroll policy matters. This person will also work closely with our People Ops team to assure we are using Workday to its fullest capacity by using integrations, data flows, documented processes, etc.
- Responsible for processing the international payroll to include EMEA & APAC using outsource global payroll provider. Use Workday to provide administration & calculation, employers tax compliance, leave management, data entry, calculating final termination pay, providing backup data to our accounting team for month end close, etc
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding paychecks, direct deposit, portal login and/or general payroll questions
- Review/Audit payroll related information & processes entered into Workday to ensure accurate wage processing & most effective use of the Workday platform
- Processing & maintaining payroll garnishments, tax corrections & year end filings
- Assist in periodic audits & reporting requests as needed & take necessary steps to correct any discrepancies
- Participates in special projects as assigned such as documenting workflows, registering in new states for payroll taxation, improving processes/procedures & periodic updates to payroll related forms.
- Support System Implementation as needed.
- Backup to the Payroll Analyst in processing the biweekly domestic non-exempt, Canadian & supplemental payrolls in Workday.
You should have:
- BA/BS & 7+ years of experience in payroll, accounting, human resources, business studies or related field
- Proficient with Workday Payroll software (4+ years)
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization with strong attention to detail in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Proficient in Excel (Vlookups, pivot tables, etc) & Google Apps
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding & why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination & shipment of goods from one place to another & its what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world & break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.