Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were building a better way to get home & our customers love it. By combining smarter technology with an award-winning team of mortgage experts, were making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
So far, weve:
- Helped more than 10,000 families get home
- Financed over $3B in loans
- Saved families an average of $32,000 in fees over the life of their loans
- Grew our geographic coverage to 36 states, up from 15 states from a year ago
And were not slowing down. We continue to outpace the rest of the industry at every turn.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, Citigroup & others have invested over $150MM in Better & our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
We have strong capital markets & tech advantages, & are working on evolving our digital product & customer experiences. To drive our goals of capturing massive market share, our acquisition team is responsible for identifying the right audiences to target, the right channel mixes to acquire them, & negotiating & managing our media spend across those channels with hawkish attention to performance. We call this role a trader because we expect strategic ingenuity & entrepreneurialism: media dollars & time spent negotiating are your investments & funded customers are your exits.
You are obsessive about performance, evaluating performance using data, & passionate about getting things done in concert with other groups, including data, creative, finance, & strategy. You view demand aggregators such as price comparison websites (rate tables) as investment opportunities to be valued, leveraged & used to form an optimal portfolio of customer acquisition. You get that Better.com is the best solution for the end customer & you will fight with every tool you have to win for us & them.
You will have a successful track record of leadership, management, & executing on projects under short timelines. You want to win. You are someone who loves finding opportunities that others miss. You can separate the signal from the noise, & approach things with a fresh perspective & open mind. You won't stop until you find a Better way. Together, we can shape the future of homeownership in America.
Responsibilities will include:
- Own & execute trades & competitive positioning on price comparison websites (rate tables)
- Collaborate with Executive leadership, run meetings & coordinate group/business-wide efforts to maximise funded units from leads acquired
- Maintain a feedback loop between sales & marketing to ensure volume goals & capacity constraints are aligned
- Creatively deliver performance improvements through trading & targeting, trend following & competition monitoring - anything to help achieve company KPIs
- Test hypotheses, pulling data & performing analyses to monitor & evaluate performance
- Develop, execute & manage roadmap of rate table/leads-buying business for Better
- 4+ years in finance roles that required constant evaluation of new & different opportunities, with a desire to apply your skills to a new marketplace
- Strong leadership instincts
- Entrepreneurial spirit, strong work ethic, & proven track record for taking initiative
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Strong analytical foundation - SQL or coding skills, used to getting your hands dirty & getting data to drive results
- Detail oriented with excellent time management & organizational skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment where business needs change
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Team player
Bonus points for:
- Experience in mortgages or leads-buying
- Experience in fintech or other start-up environments
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Project Management experience
- Experience in media or marketing
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.