Our quantitative strategies depend on great people working together to turn big ideas into reality. To help us build the future of technology at PDT, we're looking for an outstanding Program Manager.
Technology is essential to PDT's success. In this newly created role, we're seeking a Program Manager to shape & change how we manage our technology organizations initiatives & then help drive them forward. This persons perspective, knowledge, & experience will help take our organization to the next level by enabling our world-class technologists to work as effectively as possible. Reporting directly to our Chief Technology Officer, the Program Manager will be a key contributor to the success of our technology organization, the largest group at PDT.
You could be ideal for this role if you enjoy the challenge of building something new; if you're comfortable driving progress with minimal specs; if you have a knack for bringing people together; if you're a passionate communicator who's curious & enthusiastic about the technical, operational, & business goals our projects serve; & if you naturally question assumptions & notice overlooked details.
Why join us? PDT Partners has a stellar twenty-five-year track record & a reputation for excellence. Our goal is to be the best quantitative investment manager in the worldmeasured by the quality of our products, not their size. PDTs very high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually exceptional & our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, & diverse.
- Manage & develop our small team of talented project managers.
- Define & continually improve our cadence of software development lifecycle working in collaboration with leaders across the company.
- Work closely with software engineers, product managers, & other engineering teams to get high-quality products & features through the software project lifecycle on time.
- Provide hands-on project management, cross-functional coordination, & team communications to deliver outstanding program outcomes. Manage project schedules while identifying & raising possible issues.
- Take responsibility for release schedules & milestones, in a fast-paced environment.
- 10+ years of experience running multiple, sophisticated technical initiatives at the same time.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, & inspire a team to achieve its goals; excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Practical, inventive problem-solver who can triage, as well as readily pivot between day-to-day issues & the big picture.
- Knowledge of well-established software development frameworks, plus a track record of designing & rolling out customized versions that fit a particular organization. .
- A self-starter with entrepreneurial drive who can execute with minimal supervision; naturally organized & attentive to detail.
- Ability to understand complex technology concepts & interface with software & infrastructure engineers; prior experience collaborating with technologists is necessary.