About the company...
Boxed is the easiest & most modern way to shop for bulk goods. As a mobile-first company, customers can shop directly from Boxeds app on their iOS or Android mobile device, or online at www.Boxed.com. With Boxed, customers can have their household, personal care, & pantry favorites delivered conveniently to their home or office.
Our office is a dynamic, collaborative family of individuals. A technology company at core, we are a vibrant, fun & close group of engineers, designers, marketers, & operations specialists with a passion for driving superior value & experience to our customers.
About the opportunity...
As a Lead QA Automation Engineer, you will help us maintain & improve the quality of the systems powering our fast-growing eCommerce business & SaaS platform that serves millions of customers worldwide. The ideal candidate is highly technical, passionate & has expertise in automating web & native apps with open source tools. Your role would be focused on making sure that our customer-facing apps & internal tools are of the utmost highest standard.
This is role is both managerial & technical. You are expected to be a core contributor as well as a Technical Lead.
- Partner with Infrastructure Engineering & DevOps on driving continuous integration & continuous delivery (CI/CD) practices throughout the organization, with an emphasis on unit, integration, & end to end testing
- Lead the overall architecture of test suites to optimize runtime, maximize coverage, & keeping suites as DRY, maintainable & stable
- Review your peers code to both teach & learn while increasing the quality of our software
- Mentor & provide guidance to other QA Automation Engineers
- Regularly contribute documentation & presentations to the broader engineering organization on writing testable code, tooling, & application testing best practices
- Write automation test script using Selenium web driver for internal tools & customer-facing apps (Web, iOS, Android).
- Expand test coverage across all of our properties & partner with DevOps & Infrastructure teams integrate the tests within CI/CD environments
- Build or augment testing frameworks from scratch using tools like Selenium WebDriver & Java or Cypress & Node.js
- Communicate effectively with cross functional teams to triage & resolve issues
- Work collaboratively with developers & product owners to understand requirements & create flexible & re-useable test suites
- Create & track bug reports in JIRA.
- 4+ years of Test Automation & Execution experience
- Experience mentoring or captaining in any capacity
- Ability to learn & adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal & written communication skills it will be necessary for you to communicate your work to the rest of the engineering team through many mediums including documentation, presentations, & intra-team workshops
- Skilled in writing tests using frameworks such as Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, TestNG, or Cypress
- Solid experience in automating iOS & Android native apps
- Experience with open source test automation frameworks such as Appium
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins or GitHub Actions
- Experience using git or another major version source code management tool
- Experience with JIRA or similar project tracking software
- Experience in e-commerce or relevant industry is a plus.
Benefits & Perks:
- Working with smart, positive people
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits.
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus & technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang Americas Dream Boss for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, & lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crains list of best places to work in NYC. Wed love to meet you, so apply today!