TheFork, a TripAdvisor Company is the leading online restaurants reservation platform in Europe, Australia & Latin America, with a network of more than 80.000 restaurants worldwide, more than 30,5 million monthly visits & present in 22+ countries around the globe.
Basically, TheFork connects restaurants & diners :
- Through TheFork (website & application), as well as through TripAdvisor, users can easily select a restaurant according to preference criteria (such as the localisation, type of cuisine, restaurant type & average price), consult user reviews, check real-time availability & instantly book online.
- From the restaurants side, TheFork provides them with a software solution, TheFork Manager, which enables restaurants to optimize reservations management, streamline operations & ultimately improve service & revenues.
TheFork team aims to inspire & enable people to confidently discover, experience & share food. We operate under a shared set of values that define how we do business & how we interact with our colleagues, our partners, our customers & our food community. We strongly believe that building a diverse workforce of people from all walks of life helps us have a richer, more vibrant, more successful workplace.
About engineering @ TheFork :
- Our team is based on 100+ people including engineers, QA, design, product & devOps.
- We have an international team, with people working from France, Italy, Portugal, UK & Argentina.
- Our stack is mostly in Node both on the backend & frontend, & we work with React for our interfaces & GraphQL as API. Our Mobile Apps are made with Swift & Kotlin.
- Our engineers take great pride in their code, & pay close attention to the submitted pull requests.
- We solve many challenges with highly performant solutions, addressing beautiful interfaces without being troubled by the scalability of the platform itself.
What were looking for :
- Degree in engineering, computer science or a related technical field
- Experience writing mobile application test automation for the iOS & Android platforms
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design & data structures
- Verifying features & enhancements using white & black box methodologies, with emphasis on identifying & debugging issues.
- Investigating & analyzing root causes of technical issues & performance bottlenecks so as to provide sufficient data to engineering to help pinpoint problem areas in the system.
- Familiarity with cloud development environments, including API design & integration
- Understanding of continuous integration process & unit testing
- Some experience with IOT connected devices and/or Bluetooth connected products
- Experience working with Jenkins or similar CI/CD tool a plus
- Experience working with Appium
- Effective communication skills at building relationships across teams
- Taking initiative & self-starter, as part of a team
What you'll Do :
- Develop & maintain libraries, tools & frameworks for automation testing
- Be an advocate for test automation efforts, standards & processes; author & deliver new test scripts; & handle test data sets for automation activities
- Integrate development products with automation frameworks, CI, build systems
- Participate in test design discussions & code reviews; review automated test approaches; design test cases to minimize the need for manual analysis of test output
- Lead root cause analysis of failures & follow up with bug reports that quantify the problem to a high degree of reproducibility
- Collaborate with our teams to prioritize & drive automation backlog
What you need to succeed :
- 5+ years proven experience in software engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent
- Knowledge & experience in iOS development; experience coding in Objective-C or Swift
- Experience developing test strategy, documentation, automated UI & functional tests
- Experience with Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) practices with Git/Jenkins
- Senior experience with different types of automated tests such as unit, sanity, performance, security, load/stress
- Experience crafting automated tests for simulators & mobile devices
- Excellent abilities in bug detection, regression & defect tracking
- Outstanding analytical & interpersonal skills, ability to identify & tackle problems
- Ability to balance priorities & deliver on time
- Experience leading & mentoring team members
TheFork gives you the opportunity to test our gift card product at the restaurant if you pass the first screen of our recruiters! Ready to test it? Apply now & receive a 25 gift card!*
* In addition to the processing of your personal data for recruitment purpose, TheFork will process your email address for the purpose of supplying a TheFork gift card. In accordance with applicable law, you have the right to refuse such processing by indicating it to the Talent Acquisition team. Gift cards are available now in France, Spain & Italy.