Flexport is looking for a creative, technically minded Senior Machine Learning Engineer who is motivated to solve some of the worlds most challenging problems.
Data is at the heart of our business & as a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you will work to design, build, & productionize Machine Learning (ML) models & solutions on cloud infrastructure. In concert with data scientists & multidisciplinary product & engineering teams, you will be responsible for production model architecture, & integration & interaction with data engineering pipelines. You will need a strong foundation in software development, infrastructure management, data engineering, & distributed systems to facilitate the development of ML powered software products that deliver data-driven insights seamlessly to end users where they need it, & when they need it. You will help to develop high performing individuals & serve as a technical leader & mentor to others.
Our product & engineering teams collaborate very closely with our Machine Learning Engineers to share domain knowledge, test hypotheses at scale, & develop promising machine intelligence enabled solutions that can be quickly & widely deployed. We are passionate at providing effortless accessible intelligence, & actionable insights to our end users.
Our ideal candidate is: self-motivated, highly analytical, has a strong experience with cloud infrastructure, technically excellent at writing code, passionate about delivering solutions for end users coping with real-world business problems, & is experienced with mentoring & up-leveling other individuals on the team.
- Work collaboratively with product, engineering, & business leaders to find opportunities to improve & enhance our technology products, & processes.
- Work with large, & complex data sets. Solve difficult data analysis problems by applying advanced analytical methods as needed.
- Architect ML software solutions & develop ML models.
- Design & develop data processing systems.
- Develop, orchestrate, monitor, maintain, & optimize ML pipelines & solutions.
- Deliver compelling data-driven solutions that provide users with key insights when they need it, & where they need it.
- Communicate findings to technical collaborators, & business stakeholders through storytelling.
- Serve as a go-to expert in a data-related sub-domain & provide actionable feedback as part of machine learning experiment peer reviews.
- Drive & hands-on contribute to execution of machine learning model development.
- Lead collaborative efforts across different functional, & product teams.
- Actively reinforce technical strategy & culture.
You Should Have:
- Masters degree in computer science, software engineering, or related technical field.
- Strong programming experience in SQL & one or more of the following languages: C/C++, C#, Java, Python.
- Strong experience in one or more of the following: Machine Learning, Natural Language Understanding, Computer Vision, Data Mining, Artificial Intelligence, Convex Optimization, Data Engineering.
- Strong experience developing, deploying, monitoring, & maintaining ML solutions in a cloud based environment.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate with business stakeholders to understand requirements, & present findings & recommendations that demonstrate value.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Ph.D. in computer science, software engineering, or related technical field.
- Experience with distributed computing & large-scale software systems design.
- Contribution to research communities via publications in conferences such as KDD, ICML, NeurIPS, and/or code contributions in open source communities such as scikit-learn, CLTK, NLTK, etc.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding & why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination & shipment of goods from one place to another & its what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world & break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.