Appian is one of the hottest companies in software today. We are a rapidly growing organization with over twelve hundred employees & a sales organization thats growing over 50% per year. Appian is a recognized Top Workplace in the Washington, D.C. area for six consecutive years.
You can be an important part of our growth by managing the Information Security & compliance activities within the Proposal Team. This cross-discipline position will assume ownership of Appians Information Security Answer Repository, driving efficiencies, innovation, & modification to improve our internal processes.
Your home team is Appians Proposal Team, & you will report to the Senior Director of Proposals. But this is an inter-departmental role, sitting at the nexus of information security, proposals, & product technology. It requires a mix of critical thinking skills, attention to detail, & excellent communication & relationship building skills. As Appian grows, so do career opportunities, whether deeper into Information Security, a different role on the Proposal Team, or following a new found professional passion, Appian values & supports developing professional growth.
Succeeding in this position requires you to be a self-starter with proven problem-solving skills. If you want a work environment where your ideas are welcome & your contributions are recognized, this is the place for you!
Specific responsibilities include:
- Full responsibility for Information Security questionnaires & related inquiries from customers
- Collaborate with members of the Sales (AEs, Pre-Sales Engineering, & Proposal Team peers), Information Security, Finance, HR, & Legal teams to ensure content is complete, accurate, & timely
- Maintain Information Security content repository, prioritizing & managing content backlog
- Continuous improvement of processes, documenting guidance, & developing best practices
- Contribute to the development of proposals, bids, quotations or other documents with regards to Information Security policy & procedures for prospective clients
- Participation in prospect/customer calls that are security related
- Security & other technical writing
Required education, experience, & attributes for this role include:
- Bachelors degree
- 2+ years experience in proposal development, information technology (IT) field, or equivalent work experience, with an understanding of core IT concepts
- Self-starter, inclined to take action & work independently, although able to recognize when you need support from others. Driven not just to complete tasks, but to see them through to impact.
- Strong verbal, written, & interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented. Must be organized & able to stay on top of fast-moving information & tasks that are likely to change at a moments notice.
- Process focused by nature. (You like order & having things documented for easy reference.)
- Curious & has a thirst to keep learning to gain further understanding/knowledge
Appian Corporation is anequalopportunity/affirmative actionemployer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration foremploymentwithout regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker,Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.