Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
We are looking for a hands-on, strategic-minded product design lead to help us take our platform to the next level. As a Staff Product Designer at Compass, you will be responsible for leading customer experiences across the platform, collaborating with multidisciplinary teams that include UX Researchers, Product Managers, Software Engineers, Data Analysts & Product Marketing. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned Product Designer with multiple years of experience leading design for complex cross-functional products in both B2B & B2C environments.
At Compass You Will:
- Exhibit an autonomous mastery of craft & influence best practices
- Inspire & create alignment on a Northstar vision for a platform integrated CRM
- Lead development & execution of UX strategy & for CRM team
- Develop subject matter expertise of the Real Estate CRM (and general CRM) space & deliverable customer value
- Simplify complex concepts & quickly turn around in-depth user flows & mockups reflecting a range of concepts/models
- Demonstrate ownership for the end-to-end customer experience across the platform
- Exemplify excellent communication, presentation, & interpersonal skills (up, down & across levels & disciplines)
- Partner closely with research, product manager, & engineering at the squad level & across multiple product teams
- Lead, facilitate & coach cross-functional collaboration & ideation
- Identify opportunities for research & leverage research & data insights as second nature in framing problems & driving decisions
- Demonstrate skills & confidence in weighing risk & making fast decisions - know when to release quickly & when to measure twice
What We Look For:
- 7-10+ years of experience as an interaction designer, product designer, or similar role
- 3+ years of experience working with B2B and/or B2C preferred
- Bachelors degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent amount of experience
- Experience leading collaborative design thinking exercises with stakeholders & cross-functional teams with expansive knowledge of leveraging the appropriate methodologies to fit the scope & problem
- Experience working in a collaborative team & working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Experience using best practices for mobile & web-based information architecture & design, as well as knowledge of usability principles & techniques that scale
- Experience with research & human-centered design with a portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience solving complex challenges with simple user-centered design solutions
- Experiencing both influencing & leading strategic alignment
- Deep experience working within a technical (preferably agile) environment
- Comfort with a fast-paced work environment at a rapidly evolving organization
- Experience in standard design & prototyping tools such as Figma/Sketch, Invision, Principle
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.