Bad software is everywhere, & were tired of it. Sentry is on a mission to help developers write better software faster, so we can get back to enjoying technology.
With more than $67 million in funding & 20,000 customers that believe were on to something, we're building performance & error monitoring tools that help companies like Disney, Microsoft, & Atlassian spend less time fixing bugs & more time building products. If you like to selfishly build things that make your digital life better, come help us build the next generation of software monitoring tools.
About the Role
The Search & Storage team is responsible for the infrastructure that powers all of Sentry's time-series data & searching capabilities across billions of events with sub-second latency. We started this initiative by building Snuba, the primary storage & query service for Sentry's event data powered by ClickHouse, & we're now looking to provide even more visibility & reporting on the terabytes of data that our users send us.
As a Software Engineer, you'll lead efforts to bring Sentry into a new age of data visibility. Youll do this by expanding the capabilities of our search infrastructure, developing new solutions based on our state of the art storage & increasing the performance & integrity of Sentrys core data services. Youll also contribute to the vision of Infrastructure at Sentry & collaborate with Product & other Engineering teams to turn that vision into a reality.
If you're looking for a high-impact role where you move a company from processing "big data" to "really big data", this could be the job for you.
In this role you will:
- Expand Search & Storage's impact on delivering world-class data delivery.
- Architect & automate services & systems to meet the demand of scale.
- Make architectural decisions to balance the wants & needs of Product & Engineering teams.
- Maintain & grow the team's code quality initiatives by regularly reviewing code & contributing to design decisions.
- Lead design & discussions around deliverables the team is working towards.
- Improve the approachability of the codebases that Search & Storage holds domain over.
Examples of projects our team has worked on:
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of replicated and/or distributed data storage systems
- Experience with Python or a similar dynamic programming language
- You have experience with some or all of the following systems we leverage:
- Disk-driven Storage Systems: PostgreSQL, ClickHouse
- Memory-driven Storage Systems: Memcached, Redis
- Streaming Platforms: Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Excellent written & oral communication skills & ability to articulate technical concepts clearly & succinctly
- In the Toronto area or willing to relocate
- Competitive salary & meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, & vision coverage for employees, 75% company-paid for dependents
- Monthly commuter subsidy
- 401k program
- Learning & Development stipend
- Charitable matching program
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule & vacation policy, work from home policy, & real work/life balance
- Friday catered lunches
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, quarterly social events) & friends & family events
- Relocation assistance
Sentry values diversity & inclusivity in our company & is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.