About the role:
The Inventory & Receiving Manager is accountable for the overall stock integrity & operational performance of our Supply Center. In this role, the Inventory & Receiving Manager will lead cross-functional teams dedicated to ongoing inventory analysis to minimize waste & support improved processes in the flow of food through the Supply Center. This position owns the physical & receiving inventory & works with key internal operational teams including Operations Manager, Production Manager, Food Safety Manager, Supply Chain Manager & Purchaser to monitor the full life-cycle of our food through the Supply Center.
- Create & maintain detailed formal procedures which document every step necessary to perform inventory transactions.
- Collaborate with the Operations team as needed to provide dynamic inventory data & reporting for analysis.
- Train & reinforce principals of accurate receiving practices based on product type, food safety & FIFOing.
- Act as subject matter expert for inventory-related system enhancements & upgrades.
- Ensure product is shipped before expiration, working to minimize waste & increase inventory throughput, with an emphasis on perishables & produce.
- Conduct daily warehouse inspections & walk-around with the specific goal of overseeing expiration dates, food safety (cold chain & temperature zones) & quality monitoring.
- Support the Purchasing team on order accuracy.
- Input data to ensure weight, case & package size, & categorization of food match the BOL.
- Lead special projects as needed.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or General Business, Supply Chain, Logistics strongly preferred or Associates Degree with at least 3-5 years of directly-related experience.
- Directly-related experience in a food warehouse with different chambers- cooler, freezer, dry is required.
- Detail oriented problem-solver with solid analytical skills.
- Strong communication & organizational capability.
- Demonstrated, successful project management experience is a plus.
- Proven team work & ability to work with different groups with competing interests.
- Combination of office & warehouse environment, with time spent auditing & investigating inventory in all warehouse zones.
- Working in powered equipment (e.g. power jack, forklift).
- Ability to meet physical requirements of lifting over 30 lbs.
- Excellent skills in G-Suite, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint.
Work perks: Aside from your standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook laptop
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership, based on eligibility
- Commuter benefits
- Bonus potential
- Complimentary lunch everyday
Dig Inn is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York & the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables & culinary comfort food on an urban scale. The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity & ambitious innovation, finding & implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, & farmers alike. Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission- building kitchens, training chefs, & developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities & use the platform weve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, & the business of food. And did we mention free Dig Inn for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
Dig Inn believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.