Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Data Warehouse engineer to be a key member of the Data Warehouse team based in Bengaluru, India. You will be joining one of the first teams of engineers in our new Bengaluru office & as the early engineers in the Enterprise Data & BI organization in Bengaluru, you will have an opportunity to help define our technical & team culture in India. You will design & build data integrations, ETL workflows, dimensional data models & manage our data warehouse & integration infrastructure that fuels strategic business decisions across Twilio. You will partner with business users, analysts, engineers & product managers to translate data needs into critical information that can be used to implement data integration & etl solutions. We are looking for someone who is passionate about data, thrives in an evolving environment, brings an enthusiastic & collaborative attitude, & delights in making a difference. As a successful candidate, you must have a deep background in Data Warehouse / ETL development (or a related field). You are a self-starter, embody a growth mindset, & can collaborate effectively across the entire Twilio organization.
Twilio is looking for an exceptional individual who lives Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record in conceiving & delivering Data Warehouse solutions at company-wide scale.
- 3-5 years of data warehouse, integrations & etl development experience is a fast paced company that delivers software
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including requirements analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, & support.
- Strong analytical & dimensional modeling background
- Experience in MPP data warehouse systems such as Snowflake, Redshift etc. or similar
- Experience in ETL tools such as Informatica, Talend, FiveTran, Segment etc. or similar
- Experience in one or more Hadoop distributions such as Cloudera, MapR etc. is a plus
- Experience in distributed computing environments like Spark, Presto etc. is a plus
- Experience with one or more NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, DynamoDB etc. is a plus
- Experience with modern BI tools such as Looker, Tableau etc. is a plus
- Experience working in agile environment & iterative development
- Possess strong business acumen--you can communicate effectively with business users
- Possess strong technical acumenyou can communicate effectively with engineers
- Collaborative mindset & ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams
- Solid communication skills & the ability to clearly articulate your point of view
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science required, or equivalent experience
As a Data Warehouse Engineer in the Data Warehouse team, you will live the Twilio Magic and:
BE AN OWNER
- Design & implement solutions for the central data warehouse & clearly articulate technical rationale behind your design & implementation choices
- Participate in Agile/Scrum activities including planning, standups, retrospectives; Provide point of view on user stories. You will work closely with a team of Data Analysts & Data Engineers
WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES
- Partner with Enterprise data leadership, product managers, analysts & other engineers to ensure they have the right information to engage with the central data warehouse team & ensure happy customers.
- How will you listen to your customers challenges, identify opportunities, craft solutions, & deliver the right value at the right time?
WRITE IT DOWN
- Demonstrate excellent verbal & written communication - ensure that complex ideas, thoughts, & vision can be communicated simply & effectively. You are expected to thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
DRAW THE OWL
- Youll forge the vision for the central data warehouse platform & how it can make an impact at Twilio. Theres no instruction book, its yours to write. Youll figure it out, ship it, & iterate. Youll invent the future, but you wont wing it.
The Enterprise Data & Business Intelligence is a central organization within Twilio that provides data infrastructure & related services in the form of data lake, data warehouse, business intelligence & data governance etc, that supports long term growth & sustainability. Our mission is to enable fact based decision making by providing clean, governed, accurate data in scalable & easy to use systems in a timely manner. We play an integral role in shaping our business decisions that enable companys growth & success & are the backbone of Twilios data driven culture.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Bengaluru office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.