Enterprise Services Engineers (ESE) fulfill a vital role in our organization by serving Tanium's customers as hands-on-keyboard experts for both remote & on-site engagements. You will operate in a highly team-based environment with Technical Account Managers, fellow Engineers, Customer Success Managers, & Sales Account Managers. ESEs contribute to each customers success by operating & maintaining the Tanium platform & it's modules to achieve customer-specific Operations, Risk, Compliance, Asset, & Security-focused outcomes, either remotely or on on-site with the customer. Youll have continuous opportunities & challenges which will require you to apply your best technical chops in large enterprise environments, all leveraging the power of Tanium.
What youll do:
- Work closely with our customers to:
- Operationalize, administer & maintain the Tanium Platform o Solve complex technical issues independently or with the help of teammates
- Identify opportunities for our customers to get greater value from the Tanium platform
- Consistently & cogently address our customers needs through astute verbal & written communication skills
- Identify & rapidly assign tier 3 support cases to Technical Account Managers
- Conduct daily health-checks on assigned accounts o Work with Technical Account Managers on strategic customer activities
- Contribute to & track activity, after action, root cause & daily status reports
- Document best practices & Play Book entries
- Work closely with CSMs on improving Tanium operational status within key accounts
- Provide technical direction to customer IT support staff
Were looking for someone with:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- 5 years of experience in IT/Consulting
- 5 years of experience in Systems Administration/Engineering
- Hands-on Tanium experience a major plus
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to articulate & communicate
- Broad knowledge across several technical domains, coupled with deep knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Endpoint Security
- Endpoint Support/Troubleshooting
- Incident response
- Systems Management
- Systems Administration
- Software Engineering
- Utility Scripting (e.g. bash, PowerShell, VBScript, Python, etc.)
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Ability to break a problem down into manageable, ordered piece parts
- Ability to convey problem statement & plan of attack to others
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility & control that transforms how the world's largest & most sophisticated organizations manage & secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed & agility. Theres a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers & financial institutions, & four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing & win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing for 2019 & 10th on FORTUNEs list of the 100 Best Medium Workplaces.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, & diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises & governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives & by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world & its imperative that the diversity of our customers & communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed & grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees & their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.