Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming the journey of learning by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, & what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous masters Gordon Ramsay, Serena Williams, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sara Blakely, David Sedaris, Bobbi Brown, Timbaland, Anna Wintour, & many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
MasterClass is looking for a lifelong learner & motivated post-production intern to assist with producing marketing video assets that create impact. Our growing team allows for independent & collaborative work. They will need to be comfortable jumping in & out of projects & shifting priorities as needed.
- Strong collaboration & growth mindset. Significant skill in interpersonal communications.
- Ability to work quickly & evolve in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Eager to learn the end-to-end video post-production process.
- Excellent organization & project management capacity.
- Strong work ethic & willingness to adapt to & support each producer's process.
- Detail-oriented, organized, & able to work & prioritize under tight deadlines.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Work with the producers in post: resourcing projects, assisting in the rights & clearances process, & quality control of deliverables.
- Assist creatively in identifying memorable moments from upcoming classes for marketing assets.
- Support the post team including editors, assistant editors, & project leads in overall post-production workflows.
- Be culturally savvy & up-to-date on cultural trends.
- Complete tasks with accuracy.
- Team player & proven track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, & managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Technical knowledge is not required but a desire to learn the general post-production process in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- A quick learner, friendly & willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Efficient with Google Drive applications.
- General understanding of Adobe Premiere Pro editing software is a plus.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Located in California, New York, or Arizona.
- Reliable Internet access & ability to work remotely.
Work Hours & Benefits:
This is a full-time position lasting for a duration of 12 weeks (40 hours/week), with a start date in May or June 2021.
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.