As a data platform Product Owner, your role will be to maximize the delivery of the data engineering team while ensuring a high level of quality, in line with business requirements, data quality & data management best practices using an agile methodology.
You will report to the Data Product Manager.
The data engineering team is in charge of building the Fork Data Platform (new data sources integration, ETL, data warehouse improvements, data products implementation (framework & use cases), ..)
Well measure the success of your position through the following outcomes:
- Ability to collect, challenge & anticipate business requirements
- Strong management of the product backlog with close collaboration with all stakeholders
- Adequation of the data engineering team deliveries to the requirements
- High quality of deliveries from the data engineering team
- Efficiency of the full data engineering development process,
- Anticipation of activities, issues & continuous improvements
- High velocity of the data engineering team
To achieve that, some examples of your activities will be:
- Animating story mapping & conception workshops with stakeholders (data, business, lab ..)
- Clearly expressing Product Backlog items, creating all necessary User Stories
- Ordering the items in the Product Backlog to best achieve goals & missions
- Ensuring that User Stories are well defined & complete before embarking them in development (write specifications, tasks sequencing, tests scenarios with relevant stakeholders).
- Ensuring the Data Engineering team understands items in the Product Backlog to deliver relevant technical conceptions & developments
- Ensuring that the Product Backlog is visible, transparent, & clear to all, & shows what the Data Engineering team will work on next.
As a Product Owner, you will be accountable for the above. The Data Engineering team will not work from a different set of requirements than the ones prioritized by the Product Owner.
You will also be responsible for the following:
- Initiate & conduct impact analysis with all relevant stakeholders & teams in the event of changes in requirements or any new requirements introduced
- Contribute to the preparation & specification of Epics & User Stories together with data, business or lab stakeholders
- Identify dependencies, risks & issues across on the backlog items, & escalate to the Data Product Manager when necessary
- Refine user stories with business stakeholders & the data engineering team.
- Administrate the User Stories with tasks & a clear definition of Done in Jira.
- Support status reporting for each Business Initiative at regular intervals.
- Discuss/review solution proposals from the data engineering team & translate the proposal into executable tasks.
- Build functional tests with stakeholders & ensure tests are well performed before delivering any user story.
- Document & communicate appropriately to your peers on all solutions you build to enable knowledge sharing.
- Work closely with the Data Product Manager to prioritize Epics & Stories in alignment with data team directions
- Experience in defining & delivering complex implementations according to business requirements, business processes & constraints across an enterprise,
- Design thinking that shows the connection between data collection, transformations, analysis, enrichment, quality & business benefit & value.
- Being able to challenge business requirements to optimize the value of the backlog items
- Results oriented with an ability to find ways of solving problems
- Knowledge of data processing & analysis trends & processes
- Minimum 7 years of proven working experience as a Product Owner, Project Manager in a complex environment
- Technical skills regarding data (modelling, processing, ETL solutions, data integration, data science, ..)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize & analyze significant amounts of information with attention to detail & accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal skills & self-directed.
- Must be able to work independently & according to the priorities set by the Management.
- May create training materials, templates, etc. based on trends within current implementations to enable simplification & improvisation in future implementations.
- Experience with Agile (Scrum/Kanban)
- Excellent French & English verbal & written communication skills
- Customer Focus, Flexible & Team player
- Focus on timely & high quality delivery with attention to details, delivery in a sustainable & maintainable way
- Knowledge & experience in databases, DataMarts, Data Modelling, Data Governance, Data Security, BI tools, ETL Solutions, Data Science, DataOps.