Director of Finance; Transit, Bikes & Scooters
At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is seeking a Director of Finance for its burgeoning Transit, Bikes & Scooters (TBS) line of business. We are looking for a dynamic leader who can lead all aspects of financial & performance management for Lyft's micromobility business unit.
Lyft began with Rideshare as its core business, & has since diversified into complementary transportation solutions, including bikes & scooters. Today, TBS plays a key part of Lyfts mission to improve peoples lives by building the worlds best transportation network. The Director of Finance will have financial oversight over the rider growth & retention teams, operations, & hardware development, among other areas. In addition, this leader will also be responsible for driving near & long term capital planning for the line of business.
A strategic thought partner to the TBS leadership team, this finance leader will advise & influence decisions that will have a real impact on the overall business P&L. The Director of Finance, TBS will also work with executives & leaders across the organization to help inform key decisions that shape the future of the business. Most importantly, this person will convey a wealth of critical financial information, business & market insights to enable key teams here at Lyft to make optimal investments in operational & management decisions. This is a highly visible role that will help significantly shape the future of one of the most exciting technology companies .
- Oversee the full financial picture for TBS. This includes revenue management, operations, hardware development, & other capital & opex planning & budgeting, forecasting, & long-term planning
- Partner with finance leadership to develop solutions & execute against all aspects of finance strategies, initiatives & key investments
- Proactively identify & pursue all possible means to improve financial & operational profitability, stability, & risk as well as recommend market expansion/M&A/partnership opportunities
- Manage, inspire, develop & continue to grow a high-performing team that supports these existing organizations
- Be the liaison for the HQ finance teams to assist with due diligence, investor & board reporting, & quarterly earnings preparation
- Push the boundaries of financial forecasting & analysis; drive architecture of automated financial models that not only produce results with a high degree of accuracy but also provide actionable insights
- Partner with broader FP&A team & other Heads of Finance on cross-functional initiatives
- Deliver monthly analysis & reporting of the business' financial results including variances to plan, ensuring key issues, risks, & business drivers are understood & highlighted
- Collaborate with Accounting to ensure we have best-in-class processes around close & financial reporting
- Extensive experience building, leading & developing the FP&A function in both private & public companies
- 15+ years of experience working in hyper-growth environments focused in consumer technology. Experience with hardware preferred
- Proven track record of developing people, leading & managing high-performing teams
- Strong executive leadership skills with experience partnering at the board, investor, & executive management levels
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Extraordinary interpersonal & communication skills & proven experience in cultivating collaborative working relationships with teams across an organization
- Forward-thinking, analytical & problem-solving mindset. Drawn to building off of ambiguous & unsolved problems & making it happen
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field; advanced degree preferred
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink-Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food & Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state & local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process.