As part of our accelerating EMEA growth, Databricks is looking for a dynamic & ambitious Commercial Account Executive to join the rapidly-expanding SEMEA team.
This is a fast-paced & exciting new logo Sales role that will make an important impact on the revenue & expansion of our South Europe & MEA business at Databricks.
- Evangelize Databricks' Unified Analytics Platform powered by Spark & launch the Databricks SEMEA
- Prospect, identify & source new sales opportunities, building pipeline individually & with the Databricks SDR team
- Engage with business & technical decision makers & lead them through the evaluation & buying process
- Close new opportunities with Enterprise companies of 2000+ employees
- Exceed individual activity, pipeline & annual revenue targets
- Engage with & drive business through local partners (technology partners, ISVs, SIs & GSIs)
- Drive customer success & upsell in existing customers
- Customer obsession - you love learning about your customer & their needs & are passionate about providing solutions that deliver positive outcomes to their business
- Partner obsession - you know how to work closely with technology & SI partners
- Teamwork - you can orchestrate pre- & post-sales teams, co-build account strategies, partner with customers & partners on mutual success plans
- Data driven - you let the data decide when it comes to making decisions about your business
- Ownership - you are a natural leader & take ownership of your territory
- Intellectual curiosity - you always ask why & are curious to learn not just about technology, but about your customer
Sales methodology & track record
- Proven success in Enterprise Sales roles, ideally in Big Data, Cloud, or SaaS technology
- Demonstrable experience of selling innovation & disruption, ideally in Big Data, Cloud, or SaaS technology
- Solution & business-outcomes focused sales approach (Command of the Message, MEDDPIC, Challenger Sale)
- Ability to simply articulate intricate cloud & big data technologies & their business value for the customer
- Ability to develop C-level relationships
- Proven success & upward trajectory in whatever you have done - be it professional, academic, sporting, extra-curricular
Candidates must have a strong command of English & be willing to travel regularly to our international offices in Europe & the US.
Databricks mission is to accelerate innovation for its customers by unifying Data Science, Engineering & Business. Founded by the original creators of Apache Spark, Databricks provides a Unified Analytics Platform for data science teams to collaborate with data engineering & lines of business to build data products. Users achieve faster time-to-value with Databricks by creating analytic workflows that go from ETL & interactive exploration to production. The company also makes it easier for its users to focus on their data by providing a fully managed, scalable, & secure cloud infrastructure that reduces operational complexity & total cost of ownership. Databricks, venture-backed by Andreessen Horowitz, NEA & Battery Ventures, among others, has a global customer base that includes Viacom, Shell, & HP. For more information, visit www.databricks.com.
Apache, Apache Spark & Spark are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.