The Safety / Mechanical Engineering Intern will be part of the team to review manufacturer data & current operational information to update & prepare a master preventive maintenance program for the waste water treatment plant systems.
The responsibilities of this position will include:
- Performing on the floor inspection of equipment to obtain a basic understanding of operation.
- Review as-built & manufacturer supplied system information (documents drawings etc.) to capture manufacturer recommendations for:
- Service intervals
- Estimated mean time between failures.
- General life expectancy.
- Develop a master database working with the site maintenance PM system
- Other duties as assigned
The requirements of this position include:
- Electrical/Mechanical Engineering Interns should be enrolled in an accredited Engineering program (ME or EE discipline), with current coursework in electrical/mechanical engineering
- Experience with automation machinery & programming systems desirable, but not required
- Ability to read technical specifications & drawings
- Ability to organize & document large amounts of technical data
- Ability to work closely with people
- Strong knowledge of MS Office is a must
- Willingness to "roll-up the sleeves" & work on the waste water plant systems
- Flexibility of hours/schedule is desired
- AutoCadd skills are desirable, but not required
Since our founding 10 years ago, we’ve always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, & accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America & the second largest overall yogurt manufacturer, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we’re so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what makes Chobani a different kind of yogurt. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives & strengthen communities is what makes Chobani a different kind of company. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work® for the last two years, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, & a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics & genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state & local laws.