To power critical decisions in healthcare with data science-driven technology.
Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the countrys leading science-driven technology companies using real-world data generating real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness & value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals & clients. Weve partnered with top biopharma companies & are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research & expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, were assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively & authentically, to innovate & think transformation, not status quo.
If thats you, wed love to hear from you.
As a science-driven healthcare analytics company, Aetion is looking for an experienced professional for a Director of Science opportunity to strengthen our real-world data research team. The Director will be an active leader in the organization. This individual will engage with scientists & other researchers both internally & at customer organizations to drive the adoption of & customers success with the Aetion software platform. S/he will work cross-functionally within the company to identify & solve business issues, encapsulate scientific methods within Aetion products, & help to build Aetions best practices. This individual will also lead scientific studies (descriptive, comparative effectiveness, adherence & others) to help our customers create impactful evidence for themselves & participate in high-value, multi-party engagements.
The following duties include, but are not limited to:
- Core member of the scientific leadership team responsible for determining client strategy while delivering results in a timely & high quality environment
- Provide innovative statistical & methodological approaches to address client needs & implement detailed scientific protocols for customers
- Partner & collaborate with other Aetion functional areas engaging directly with potential & current clients to introduce them to Aetion platform & scientific services, develop proposals for new work, & design other solutions responsive to customer needs & questions
- Serve as the Principal Investigator (PI) for projects accountable for the overall management; including profitability, timeliness, quality & client value, removing obstacles & managing risks for successful delivery
- Develop a deep understanding of the Aetion platform & contribute to shared knowledge, enhancement, & QA/validation efforts of the platform
- Design, create, & deliver use-case-driven demonstrations, pilots, & trainings on the platform to help teach & mentor customers on the use of the Aetion platform in their organization
- Develop scientific dissemination documents (e.g. study report, abstract, manuscripts, etc) based on study results
- Manage the allotment of multiple resources & projects concurrently to ensure successful completion of projects
- Mentor junior colleagues on meeting their yearly goals & professional development
- Proactively suggest innovative solutions based on problem descriptions that optimize outcomes & balance resource constraints & cost
- Align to the overall business strategy when driving the direction of the team, projects, & processes
- Bring visibility to Aetion by being active in thought leadership via white papers, industry conferences and/or article publications
- PhD (or MS with equivalent experience) in a quantitative discipline such as epidemiology, biostatistics, health services research, or health economics
- 6+ years relevant work experience in epidemiology or health economics & outcomes research (HEOR) delivering products or services to life science partners and/or payer organizations
- A minimum of 3 years of direct managerial or supervisory experience
- Able to design studies & perform advanced analytical work in surveillance, detection, & prevention of diseases; HEOR analyses; biostatistics; longitudinal data analyses including descriptive, comparative effectiveness, adherence & others, or other expert quantitative areas pertinent to healthcare
- Ability to think strategically & 'big picture', to formulate appropriate solutions to solve client business needs
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills & good at developing relationships across diverse teams (including statistical, technical, & marketing resources)
- Proven experience managing & delivering a wide variety of analytic solutions to internal & external stakeholders
- Solid planning, priority setting, & project management skills with experience managing multiple projects & resources concurrently
- Highly motivated, collaborative, & innovative
- Knowledge of statistical programming language (e.g. SAS, R, STATA)
- Has a deep conceptual understanding of epidemiological methods & study design
- Experience working with multiple databases (Claims, EMR, US & non-US)
- Travel will be required (up to 25%) including working on-site with customer
- Strong ability to engage with customers in-person, on the phone, & in writing
- Strong experience in cross-functional teams & decision making
- Strong ability to self-motivate & work independently
- Demonstrate superior leadership to the broader business & internal team
- An ability to convey complex results in an easy to understand, thematic manner
- Experience managing teams in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent coaching & mentoring skills
- Lead at all levels Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders & technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports & maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, & HIMSS.
- Located in three cities We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Bryant Park, Boston's financial district, & Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social & energetic offices with a modern layout, kitchen & eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, & industry meet-ups & events.
- Great perks We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match & a daily lunch provision.
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great & inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit & maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse & culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information. EEO is the Law.