Design the products that power global trade
Flexports mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. To achieve this goal, The Flexport User Experience (UX) team creates end-to-end experiences for our clients, partners, & operations teams. We are seeking a Senior Product Designer to create tools that simplify intricate workflows & direct users attention to what matters. This individual enjoys complex design challenges & driving clarity from ambiguity. Senior Product Designers are key stakeholders in the product development lifecycle, from collaborating with cross-functional partners & formulating the product vision to ensuring high-quality implementation. To be successful, Senior Product Designers must be relentlessly curious, embrace change, communicate clearly, & consistently balance user & business needs. Join us as we lay the foundation of our vision for global trade.
As a Senior Designer on the Freight Forwarding Operations team you will drive the user experience across multiple tools. Youll craft features that enable users to prioritize, plan, & execute international shipments that travel via ocean & air. You will work on products that serve users around the world.
- Collaborate with your cross-functional team to shape product design vision & strategy in your product area.
- Create high quality designs while informing the design process.
- Incorporate & recommend ways to extend Flexports design system.
- Conduct user research & gather insights.
- Give & solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Build prototypes to share & test concepts.
- Present work in a range of fidelities.
- Provide mentorship to more junior designers.
- Inspire your team to push the boundaries of UX quality.
You should have:
- 5+ years professional hands-on design experience.
- Strong portfolio of product design work illustrating multiple successfully launched products. Please include a link & password to your portfolio.
- Ability to clearly articulate your work & rationale while advocating for UX.
- Expert understanding & application of user-centered design methods.
- Experience working with product teams in a dynamic, agile environment.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking & vision.
- A degree in HCI, UX, Interaction Design, or related field is preferred.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.