BARK is a company building products, experiences, & entertainment for dogs & the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids & families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've become the fastest growing pet company & have shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world. We have also expanded to new areas including preventative health, & food. Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof!
WHO WE'RE SNIFFIN' FOR:
We are currently looking for a Data Engineer to help design, build & grow our systems for ingesting & processing data that drives decisions for our cross functional teams. This person will work closely with our data analysts & data scientists & ensure the pipelines & datasets are secure, scalable, correct & complete.
- Design, create & maintain reliable data pipelines relating to financial events
- Implement solutions required for optimal extraction, transformation & loading of data from various internal & external data sources such as Databases, APIs, SFTP, S3, etc.
- Identify & improve existing processes with considerations to automation, accuracy, security & delivery.
- Interpret & visualize data, identify issues & complexities, translate nuances to production quality code, & report key findings to inform the direction of projects
- Strong competency in working collaboratively & communicating effectively with various departments across the organization, including the finance, engineering & technology teams, in order to create alignment on processes that impact data
- 4+ years' experience writing readable, modular, production quality Python code to handle varied & complex data
- 2+ years experience writing SQL; Redshift or Postgres preferred
- Professional experience working with Financial Data
- Experience with Workload Management Systems, such as Airflow or Luigi
- Moderate knowledge of AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Familiarity with Kubernetes & Docker
- Moderate grasp of bash / Linux
- Proficient in using Git
- Creative problem solver who focuses on improving business & product
- Start up experience at an internet-based company a plus!
- Must love dogs