Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Sr. Account Support Associate, Business Development Analyst Sales Engine works closely with small institutions answering inquiries & solving problems, releasing resources from country-specific sales & function areas to better focus & grow the business with key clients & stakeholders. Support the Sales Engine Team with reporting, sales analysis, & compliance. Responsible for managing, developing & growing Visa's business with Tier 3 clients in covered geographies. Generating leads & executing sales initiatives. Implementing business development & portfolio management, in continuous collaboration with Sales & Functional Areas to ensure alignment with country, regional & global strategies.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD).
- Payment industry experience preferred.
- Willingness to learn & execute effectives sales strategies for new payment products & services
- Ability to develop, lead & close complex competitive sales efforts
- Proven ability to produce quality work with efficiency, professionalism & with demonstrated trouble shooting/problem solving skills.
- Discretion combined with poise & professionalism in all communications.
- Must have excellent communications skills both verbal & written in English & Spanish.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong Business & Financial acumen.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment regarding information, which may be confidential.
- Ability to effectively create & deliver presentations to all client levels.
- Solid ability to coordinate internal & external resources & nurture cross-functional relationships.
- Ability to negotiate business agreements & enhance existing & new relationships
- The ability to operate effectively & efficiently - with minimum supervision- in a challenging & fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial indicators to measure business performance & an ability to summarize business & financial data in a useful manner for planning & decision making
- Customer service-focused with ability to work collaboratively with several teams simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize work with attention to detail. Solid planning & excellent organizational skills
- Motivated & self-starter. Passion, driven & dedication.
- Highest standards of ethical conduct & integrity.
- Results & people oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, & PowerPoint)
- Directly contribute to achieving the LAC Business Goals, in alignment with corresponding countries' strategies & priorities.
- Lead the business & the relationship development with assigned clients. Align objectives, priorities & resources between Visa & clients.
- Work closely with small institutions, providing day-to-day support, & be the primary business contact "Account Owner" for Tier 3 -Mass clients, & providing day-to-day support, for execution of sales initiatives for Tier 3 High Potential clients.
- Coordinate & collaborate with multiple departments & functions to assure an appropriate & timely response to clients' requests & needs, proactively following up on pending matters. E.g. Sales: alignment with BDs/country managers, licensing matters, marketing campaigns & support, card designs, credit settlement risk, products support, finance agreements & investment incentives, AML & compliance matters, etc.
- Align priorities with Country Managers to help secure key deals & generate leads for Tier 3 clients - according to market coverage. Coordinate with Country Managers & clients the communication to clients of sales initiatives, Visa strategic guidelines, & key products & solutions for each market, etc. (Sales Engine Engagement Campaigns).
- Ensure appropriate delivery times by internal units (marketing, risk, accounting, finance & compliance) & be the main liaison with internal units of such to both internal & external client requests.
- Develop strong conflict management skills in order to work effectively with a large range of teams to develop accountability, transparency, & rapid fact-based decision-making.
- Obtain a clear understanding of the Markets under their responsibility, including major competitors (local & international) issuing, acquiring processors & merchants, in order to help Sales team with target sales goals.
- Develop & execute customized business plans to increase sales volume & market share within financial institutions under their responsibility. Create new sales & revenue generating opportunities as appropriate. Identify & pursue new business opportunities for Tier 3 Clients, generating leads for both High Potential & Mass clients.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all Visa products & services: Core Products, Risk Solutions, Loyalty, & Digital, etc. Accelerate penetration of Digital Infrastructure readiness within Tier 3 clients.
- Expand existing relationships/partnerships through the selling of Visa products & services. Utilize a consultative sales approach that ensures that the client's business objectives are met & that the performance metrics of their payment portfolios are maximized
- Provide sales/business expertise (client's perspective) to other support areas, regarding client or market business.
- Proactively provide continuous feedback for improving existing processes & activities that are affecting our sales force & clients.
- When a team member is out of office, guarantee business continuity, by responding to client's requests in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in team's activities, meetings, trainings, initiatives, etc.
- Document all opportunities & Initiatives in Playbook in an appropriate, consistent & timely manner.
- Compliance with internal controls. Develop a comprehensive understanding of Visa rules, policies, processes, & procedures, e.g. Collateral, Licensing, PIF, etc.
- Understand the decision-making process within the clients, fostering productive relationships at all levels with the client & Visa.
- Develop an understanding of the Financial Institution's business including payment strategy across all product platforms.
- Continuously review payment landscape & recommend, develop, & implement new & creative approaches to growing Visa's business
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.