Our team builds software that runs on all our Connected Fitness Devices, including the Peloton Bikes & the Peloton Treads.
We are looking for motivated & proactive engineering managers with a strong technical background, experience leading engineering teams, proven leadership skills, a love for working with people, & a track record of delivering high-quality software.
- Staff & manage a team of engineers responsible for developing & enhancing the application software running on Peloton Connected Fitness Devices such as the Peloton Bike & Tread
- Implement best practices in architectural design & mentor team in these practices
- Motivate & drive a continuous performance-based culture within the team. Provide adequate management support for the team in the form of team meetings, 1:1s & other forums as needed to support the group & individual development objectives of team members
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members from Product, Program Management, & UX/UI to deliver against quarterly & annual roadmap objectives including defining objectives & driving new architecture
- Establish team level KPIs to measure the effectiveness of the teams output & impact on customer engagement
- Instill a culture of automation, re-use & engineering efficiency through the use of software design patterns & leveraging commercial, off the shelf tools
- Identify cross-functional dependencies & remove blockers when needed across engineering, design, & product management
- Achieve on-time delivery without compromising quality
- 8+ years of software development experience, with some experience in native Android development. Demonstrable experience in having deployed Android applications commercially into production
- Experience with both Object-Oriented & Functional languages/designs
- Strength with Kotlin/Java for code reviews & making technical decisions
- 2+ years of leadership experience in team leadership & technology management
- Experience working with Agile methodology & delivery of quality software as part of an Agile team
- Ability to identify the strength & weakness of individuals to maximize team effectiveness; guide individuals when needed for coaching or mentoring
- Ability to mediate between competing product & technical priorities; align priorities & goals through collaboration with technical leads & product managers
- Effectively communicate between teams & within teams to drive alignment & increase effectiveness on delivery
- Familiarity with CI/CD & Test Pyramid. Understand how to incorporate test automation into development flows
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience with application localization
- Experience with building applications with accessibility
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast, & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada, & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.