We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, hands-on leader who can rapidly learn the Okta value proposition & apply it to Customer Identity Access Management (CIAM) & Workforce customers. This is a key leader of the Professional Services organization accountable for the delivery of Okta technical consulting services. You have experience managing a technical team, resource forecasting, change management & operational excellence for PS teams. You have a deep understanding of reporting & metrics as well as capacity planning & utilization targets. You will have a strong Consulting background with an ability to handle multiple work streams & be deeply comfortable with client issues & resolutions.
You are responsible for collaborating with leaders & team members across the Global Professional Services organization for the planning & deployment of the solution for our customers to ensure we are providing the appropriate services for their success.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Assist the Scale Services Delivery Director, Technical Consulting with oversight & accountability for professional services billings/revenue, customer satisfaction, resources & utilization
- Responsible for hiring, growing & retaining PS Technical Consulting team members wholly focused on our customers success
- Provide direct management, mentoring, & support to the Technical Consultants to ensure their continued technical, professional, & career growth
- Demonstrate / improve our repeatable implementation methodology to rapidly enable customers to adopt the Okta service
- Work closely with the Business Operations, Finance & Legal teams to ensure the proper post-implementation activities are accounted for & in compliance with the corporate policies.
- Primary customer liaison managing relationships & communication between project team, customer & internal stakeholders
- Represent Okta Professional Services across multiple engagements & workstreams
- Ensure customer success from beginning to end of the engagement life cycle
- Manage project budgets to customer & Okta expectations
- Continue to upskill team members to ensure team has the expertise & capabilities to successfully deliver Okta to customers
- Billable Utilization - 50%
- 5+ years experience leading teams
- 10+ years experience as a technical consultant delivering solutions to external customers
- Authority in CIAM, Workforce Identity & Access Management & Okta product offerings.
- Software development experience required (Java, Ruby, .Net, PHP, REST/JSON, etc).
- Demonstrated experience with API management using Mulesoft, Axway or Apigee preferred.
- Authority in technologies & protocols to support identity federation & robust access control models (e.g., SAML 2.0, WS-Federation, OAuth, OpenID Connect).
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise web technologies, security & cutting-edge infrastructures.
- Ability to work independently & multi-functionally supporting the development of client work you're doing.
- General knowledge of cloud architectures as well as complex enterprise on-premise IT landscapes.
- Knowledge of typical enterprise identity life cycle management processes & standards.
- SaaS deployment experience: Salesforce, Box, Office 365, Workday & HR as master for identities preferred.
- Ability to Multi-task & manage multiple customer engagements is a requirement.
- Able & willing to be a hands-on contributor.
- Superb communication skills, including issue tracking, triaging & crisis management.
- Experience in Process Improvement, Decision-making, Managing Processes, Planning, Analyzing Information & Developing Standards.
Oktas Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our companys actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, & maintain transparency. Its our expectation that our managers & leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills & perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback & reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths & weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals & the organizations goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities & translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Communicates with internal & external customers & all levels of management.
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information thoughtfully.
- Uses active listening skills to figure out & understand the customer's business goals, objectives & priorities.
Team & Customer Interaction:
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Provides technical leadership on delivery methodologies.
- Communicates effectively with customers, team members & management.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction & deepen client relationships.
- Manages client expectations effectively.
A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline required.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Oktas privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.