Phreesia is looking for aSeniorData Engineerwho is passionate about the software engineering side of Data Scienceto join our Data Science Team; someone familiar with building production tooling to support the entire data journey, from data extraction & transformation to deploying & validating machine learning models. You willhave a tremendous impacton the next generationofdata infrastructureforour Life SciencesDepartment.
You willwork mainly with data scientists to build software & improve workflows but will also collaborate with data engineering.You will design our data infrastructure, & use it to develop extensible analytics pipelines, toolsandvisualizations for ourdatascience products.Some of the primary upcoming initiatives includeextending our Sparkdistributed computing infrastructure, streamlining CI/CD pipelines for the teams data products as well as supportingthe next generation of predictivemodelingand forecasting tools.
What You Will Do:
- Build fault-tolerant, scalable batch & real-time distributed data processing
- Design & configure hosted & cloud-based data & machine learning infrastructure
- Develop technology to more efficiently & effectively curate large amounts of unstructured data
- Tool our systems for observability, including logging, metrics monitoring, & dashboarding
- Build data pipelines to make key datasets available to both data scientists & analysts throughout the company
- Design, develop, refactor, package, harden, & deploy software products (Python, R, Shiny, Flask, Docker,PySpark,Scikit-Learn)
- Develop tools & automate workflows
- Guide thedatascienceteamsadoption of new software & frameworks
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's degreeor higherin computer science or related discipline
- 6+ years of experiencebuilding data ingestion infrastructure
- Experience working in a data science team with a strong engineering culture
- Have taken a leading role in delivering complex software systems all the wayfrom designto production
- Strong production SQL skills
- Experience withDocker,machinelearning anddatascience toolsetsinPython& R
- Professional command of Spark/PySparkother streaming data pipelines
- Experience managing an entire data flow, ingesting data from a variety of sources including SQL, NoSQL, streams, & external APIs
- Hands-on experience & understanding ofgraph and/or searchdatabases is preferred
- Experience with cloud service providers such as AWS, GCP or Azureis preferred
- Familiarity with Apache Airflow or similar workflow orchestration platformsis preferred
- Healthcare experience & a basic understanding of clinical terms is a plus
Who We Are:
AtPhreesia, were committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in a fast-changing landscapeand we need smart, passionate people to help us do it. Our innovative SaaS platform offers our clients a suite of applications to manage the intake process, giving them the tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing & enhance clinical care.
Basically, what you do here matters, & hard work does not go unnoticed. Not only does Phreesiacare about our clients, we also care about our employees. In fact, were a three-time winner of Modern Healthcare magazines Best Places to Work in Healthcare award.If youre interested in consistent feedback & recognition, defined career paths, & the opportunity to work with driven & engaged colleagues in a dynamic industry, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Benefits & Perks:
- Variety of health plan options, dental/ vision coverage, & short/long-term & life insurance plans
- 401(k) savings plan
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation
- Unlimited snacks & drinks in our offices
- Mobile phone stipends, monthly subway pass reimbursement & Internet reimbursement
- 100% paid maternity leave to our U.S. employees, as well as a generous maternity benefit to our employees in Canada.
- Tuition & certification reimbursement, as well as other professional development opportunities
We strive to provide a diverse & inclusive environment & are an equal opportunity employer.