Vox Media is the leading independent modern media company. Known for building the best media brands & the technology that enables them, we are committed to building a better future for the industry & getting the future of media right. Vox Medias editorial networks include Vox, The Verge, SB Nation, Eater, Polygon, Recode, & Curbed. Our diverse storytelling & advertising businesses include the Concert publisher-led marketplace, the Vox Creative brand studio, the Chorus publishing platform, & the companys entertainment division Vox Media Studios, which includes the Vox Media Podcast Network & Epic.
We are currently looking for aDeputy Editor, MMA Fighting to be responsible for managing & writing daily news coverage as well as identifying trends & new opportunities for coverage. The Deputy Editor will play a key role in shaping the strategic direction & editorial plan for MMA Fighting. This role will work with other staff editors & a roster of freelance contributors. The right candidate will be a strategic thinker who is enthusiastic about pioneering new ways to cover MMA; theyll also be a quick, clean writer/editor who is comfortable producing quick-hit news stories.
What you'll do:
- Develop & lead editorial content strategy for major MMA events & news
- Conduct editorial oversight, quality control, & accountability for columnists/writers
- Demonstrates strong news judgment.
- Writes and/or produces multimedia content that appeals to key audience targets & maximizes user experience on digital & social platforms.
- Act as point of contact for contract writers who contribute daily
- Contribute ideas to editorial packaging brainstorms that would accommodate both live coverage & utility content that drives conversation, in collaboration with other editorial stakeholders
- Help train incoming staff members so theyre up to speed on workflow & processes for publishing on & off platform.
What youll bring:
- Strong experience overseeing inclusive teams in a high-growth, fast-paced organization.
- A collaborative, detail-oriented work style.
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.