CommonBondis buildingavalues-driven, customer-centric financial services company.Our missionis tochangethe way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interestrates,a state-of-the art technology platform, andcaringcustomer service.We also are theonlyfinancial services companywitha 1-for-1 social program:For every loan funded, we fund the education ofa child in the developing world. CommonBond has been named to the World's 50 Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, the 50 Best Places to Work by, & the Forbes Fintech 50. Weare backed by great investors, have an awesome team, & are looking for our next great team member.
Creating a robust tech-powered organization is essential to our success & we are looking for someone who will help design,build & maintain the infrastructurefoundation that supports our multiple business lines. Our production environment includes Kubernetes running on AWS virtual private cloud technology. We are actively migrating to a microservices based architecture.
In joining our Software Engineering team, you can expect to have ownership over building new products, solving for challenges we face as a company, creating products that help people, & supporting an incredible social mission.
- Maintain responsibility for system administration of containerized, virtual environments & development services in a cloud-based environment
- Build & maintain development & production infrastructure to support continued product growth using Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS & associated technologies
- Effectively manage SQL databases including maintenance & configuration of system security admin controls, operating systems, & FDL & SSL data transmissions
- Manage operating production environment web servers, application service,mircoservices
- Contribute to pertinent ad hoc projects including debugging code within a React, Enterprise Java (including Spring Boot andDropWizard)
- Help migrate to a bestpracticesmicro services architecture
- Participate in an on-call rotation
Job Qualifications / Experience Requirements:
- 3-5 years of experience working within a modern web-based environment
- 1-3 years of experience with Docker andkubernetes
- System administration of virtual environments & development services in a cloud-based environment
- Deep knowledge of security configurations of operating systems
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash & Python
- Exposure to SQL & Linux System administration
- Experience with Java, Postgres, Python, Elasticsearch, Redis, MYSQL, Golang
- Proficiency in building deployments using a CI/CD tool
- Working knowledge of AWS Administration & Instance Management
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.