Vimeos platform provides the highest quality video tools for filmmakers, businesses, & video lovers around the globe. We take our insights seriously & encourage a culture of decisions driven by data for both product & business development. As members of the Business Intelligence team, we turn data into helpful, impactful insights for the entire organization. We are looking for a senior data scientist to support Vimeos Enterprise team. This person should have a strong background in statistical & machine learning & be an effective communicator with a wide variety of partners. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a bias for action & results, ideally with experience in a fast-paced, data-focused environment!
What you'll do:
- Develop & maintain general mathematical & statistical frameworks to identify high fidelity data signals for Enterprise account conversion, upsell, & retention
- Develop, implement, & test models to detect trends & changes in trends to subscription, funnel, & financial metrics
- Create & maintain, in collaboration with our data engineers, high-quality aggregated data sets from unstructured raw data to efficiently address product & business questions
- Work alongside our data analysts & provide mathematical & statistical guidance to ensure modeling standard methodologies
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Masters or PhD with 3+ years in a Data Science role or Bachelors degree in a STEM field with 5+ years in a Data Science / Data Analytics role
- Experience with
- SQL is a must
- Python is a must with the usual data science-centric libraries
- Large data sets (terabyte scale)
- Working with Engineering teams is preferred
- SaaS (specifically subscription) metrics & cohort modeling
- Bayesian inference, time series modeling, parametric & non-parametric regression, clustering & classification, hypothesis testing, A/B testing, as well as the ability to innovate around textbook statistical & machine learning methods
- Strong analytical skills, data sensibility, & an inclination to educate
- Aptitude & desire to present to business partners with varying technical backgrounds
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously & produce tangible results
Vimeo is the worlds leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, & organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate & communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of over 650 passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse & global community. Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, & strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs