At Indigo, our mission is: harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. We started down this path leveraging microbiology, but we have quickly expanded across the entire agriculture supply chain.
Indigo Carbon & the broader Terraton Initiative is the most explicit expression of our sustainability goals yet. Our goal is to remove 1 trillion tons of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, sequester it in agricultural soils, & by doing that, improve the health of the soil, the profitability of farmers, the quality of our food, & the health of our planet. This goal is massive, & it will require a diverse team to make it happen. If youve been looking for a company that moves at the speed of Silicon Valley & is explicitly taking on climate change, wed love to hear from you.
The Carbon Market Development Lead will be responsible for leading all aspects of growth strategy with strategic partners in Indigo Carbons priority industry segments (e.g., Tech, Utilities, Transportation, Logistics, etc.). They will lead co-solutioning with leadership teams in the worlds largest institutions (companies, NGOs, governments) to help them achieve their sustainability goals & advance the most affordable, scalable, & immediate climate change solution today. They will own top line revenue generation & manage deal profitability as well as be primary contributors to developing Indigo Carbons enterprise product offerings, working across the company & partner coalitions to translate customer needs & market data into product features & deal terms. They should have prior experience managing a team through complex solution development that requires financial modeling, multi-stakeholder project management, & superior story telling through visual & verbal communication.
The role will report to the Director of Carbon Product & Business Development.
The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, & So Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
- Drive top line revenue expansion & manage deal profitability through rapid expansion of Carbon customer base, including identification, outreach, value proposition & product development for priority business segment
- Develop & design a menu of carbon offerings
- Drive & track internal process for development of Carbon Product measurement, modeling, & reporting requirements
- Drive & track internal processes for digital experience examples & offerings
- Own voice of customer incorporation into both of the above
- Become environmental markets expert & value-added partner to Indigo Market Development, Marketing, Strategy, Innovation Science, Agronomy, Marketplace, & Operations teams
- Build a team of A players
- Manage team & own analysis of offset offering & deal term development from beginning to end
- Government & non-profit coalition management as needed
- Demonstrated understanding of complex solution development processes with track record of success
- Excellent communication skills with client facing orientation, including clear verbal & written communications, demonstrated storytelling & PowerPoint mastery, & ability to interact with executives with poise
- Structured & analytical with advanced Excel skills, experience with financial modeling preferred
- Coalition development & management skills
- Creative with ability to think about how to advance & market offering
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Product development experience a plus
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Strong passion for the mission of Indigo & Indigo Carbon in particular
- 8+ years work experience in an analytical role required, preferred experience in management consulting, banking, corporate/business development or at a fast-paced technology company
- Team management in fast paced, analytical environment
- Analytical track record & superior story telling through visual & verbal communication
- Deal & negotiations experience preferred
- Experience in sustainability or ecosystem service market product development or marketing a plus
- Digital product development experience a plus
- Role is based in Boston; some travel to be expected
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, & has opportunities to learn & grow. As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse & inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves & has an equal opportunity of succeeding.