The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
This position is based in Secaucus, NJ & will report to the Manager of Fine Jewelry & Watches.Employees receive the following: free shuttle from the local train station to the office, free or discounted lunch options three times per week, free bagels twice a week, on-site mini mart service for your convenience, & monthly free events with snacks & other giveaways!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute all aspects of the authentication process by accurately identifying colored stones & diamonds using GIA evaluation techniques as well as testing procedures used to determine the precious metal purity
- Set list prices for branded & unbranded jewelry with direction & final approval from Team Lead & FJ/W Experts
- Research fair market value & market demand of branded jewelry & watches
- Adhere to first in, first out methodology to ensure all consignments are prioritized & product flows according to plan
- Evaluate, authenticate & price a minimum of 50 pieces per day
- Manage process flow of items awaiting price approval
- Communicate directly with the FJW photographer as well as Editing Lead, keeping them informed on any complications, confusion points, requests, etc.
- GIA certification preferred
- Ability to read & interpret documents such as safety rules, operating & maintenance instructions, & procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports & correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands & arms & talk or hear
- Ability to stand; walk & sit
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs
- Vision abilities required include close vision & color vision