At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered & self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, & customer service. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About The Team:
The Product Marketing & Customer Strategy team is responsible for infusing the Rent the Runway brand & deep customer-centricity into the holistic user experience. As stewards of the brand mission to the Product, Engineering, & Design org, we ensure that the dynamism, emotion, & magic of our brand is fully realized within our customer product experience. Our team leads the development of a clear customer vision & job to be done for our product experiences, which is shaped by customer research & insights. We then help to deliver our products to the world in a way that fulfills the customer vision, drives forward the business, & brings our brand to life.
About The Job:
As our first dedicated Product/UX Writer, you will play a critical role in creating our product content strategy, influencing user experience, & driving the Rent the Runway brand voice through our digital experiences. In this position, you will be responsible for writing all in-product copy that touches our customer experience across web, mobile, email/push, & offline. More importantly, you will bring clarity, brand personality, & moments of delight into our customer product experience. Youll partner with Research & Insights, Design, Product Management, & Product Marketing from initial brainstorms to the shipping of final products. Come help us tell our brand story, build innovative & delightful user experiences, & make our existing core experiences sing!
What Youll Do:
- Write clear, consistent, concise product copy (e.g. in-product education, landing pages, notifications, purchase flows, emails & more). Were talking everything from what our buttons say to how we market Rent the Runway as a whole.
- Collaborate with designers, product marketers, product managers, & engineers to create meaningful & human digital experiences
- Know the customer inside & out & show how your content recommendations fit with both customer & product goals
- Effectively manage multiple projects & deadlines
- Find smart ways to use data & customer research to evaluate & improve our product content strategy
- Contribute hypotheses for product copy A/B testing
- Design the conversational interaction between a product & its users that helps them engage, learn more, & foster loyalty
- Create & help maintain UX writing guidelines that are in line with Rent the Runways overall brand & voice, in partnership with the Brand & Editorial team
- You have at least 5 years experience (UX/UI writing & content strategy) writing clear & consistent product copy, with appropriate brand tone. You embrace brevity & simplicity, & have a sharp wit. You know when to be direct, & when its ok to have a little fun.
- Youre a storyteller, editor, & design thinker who knows your audience & can create compelling content that empowers & delights users
- You understand how copy & design work together, & how writing can influence the user experience
- You are passionate about brand expression & understand how to create authentic, emotional connections with people through powerful messaging & copy
- You are customer-obsessed & passionate about creating great user experiences you anticipate user needs & always advocate for them
- You love both strategy & hands-on writing & editing
- You thrive in a fast-paced organization & enjoy working hard. You take initiative & are energized by challenges. You take pride in the quality of your work.
- Youre a great cross-functional collaborator, able to give & get feedback from designers, product managers, & marketers at all levels
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.