At ACV Auctions, you have the opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing automotive technology company. Our team is pioneering new technology & end to end service for the automotive industry. We are committed to making ACV Auctions a leader in the automotive wholesale industry. ACV is positioned to re-engineer the way the automobile industry buys & sells used vehicles. Our employees benefit from a relaxed yet intense entrepreneurial work environment with the chance to be part of a ground floor opportunity having an impact on the companys results from day one & grow as ACV Auctions does.
What does a Staff Accountant do?
The Staff Accountant will support the Accounting Policy & Special Projects department in achieving timely & accurate financial reporting. This position will handle multiple assignments in a rapidly changing, fast paced environment & report to an Accounting Policy & Special Projects Manager.
What youll be doing:
- Support strategic initiatives in the accounting department (ex. automation, process improvement, etc.)
- Support the design & implementation of internal controls over financial reporting across various department processes
- Support the adoption of & continued compliance with GAAP, including technical accounting policy matters, & complex accounting estimates
- Calculate & process monthly closing journal entries, & improve the efficiency of the underlying reconciliation process
- Perform reconciliations over various balance sheet accounts
- Contribute to the team in achieving accurate & timely financial reporting.
- Interact with the Companys independent accounting firm in connection with the annual audit of financial statements in accordance with GAAP
What you will need
- BA/BS Accounting degree required, MBA/Masters degree preferred
- CPA or CMA credential preferred
- Ability to learn in a fast paced changing environment
- Experience & proficiency in Microsoft Office products preferred
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills & ability to identify possible solutions to business problems.
- Takes initiative to identify issues then develop & recommend solutions
- Strong analytical & organizational skills
What we will offer
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Upbeat Innovated Culture
- Professional training opportunities
- Flexible schedules
Hiring is contingent on a satisfactory background check as permitted by law. Any falsification of your application or any other hiring materials is grounds for rescinding an offer or termination of employment.
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.